⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓

"can't you let me win?" you groaned as the pirate, known as ryu, across from you beat you in another chess game

yesterday, all it took to be accepted as a pirate was having to fight a few of the others which you successfully did. you were welcomed with open arms and got to party with the pirates. now you were stuck playing chess with some of them.

"i tried to." he said, clearing the board. 

"i really suck at this then." you sighed.

"no! you don't!" his friend replied, shaking his hands at you, a flustered look on his face. "you're great."

"sure." you said before looking around at the ship. "hey, where's jae-ha?"

"right here." the green dragon said from behind. he tapped your back and you strained your neck to see him. "i'm going into town."

"take me."

"no need to beg for me, my beauty." he placed a hand on your head and brought his face closer.

"not like that, idiot." you punched him in the nose, knocking him to the floor. "i mean take me into town, too."

"that would be a bit troublesome." he wiped the trickling blood from his nose and got up. "i'm a wanted man and can't have you around if officials see me. so sorry."

"how stubborn." you murmured, watching him leap into the air.

so instead, you decided to search for captain gi-gan. you found her by the steps and sauntered over.

"what is it, child?" she asked.

"you wouldn't happen to have some spare clothes, would you?" you pointed to your teared up and muddy clothes that you had been wearing for a while now.

"below deck you'll find something in the cupboards."

"jae-ha, if you could, would you change your life? lead a completely different one?"

"why do you ask?" he looked away from the dark sky and at you, who had joined him.

"just curious." you replied, folding your arms next to his on the wooden railing and placing your head on top. you watched the ripples in the water and the dark specs that were fish swimming around without a care in the world.

jae-ha flickered his eyes away from you and tilted his head up, smiling bitterly. "no... no i wouldn't."

"i see."

you caught onto the way he smiled like he wanted to say yes, but changed his mind at the last minute. you knew there was a lot more to his back story — other than being the green dragon. he held pain and sadness.