⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟔

your eyes forced open as you let out a gasp, feeling a burn in your chest

your eyes forced open as you let out a gasp, feeling a burn in your chest. your back shot up from the futon as you broke out into a fit of coughs.

"oh shi.... this is not nice... at all."

"y/n!" kija was first by your side, helping you sit up straight and rubbing your back to soothe the painful coughing. "yun, pass some water."

he took the cup from him and placed it at your lips. you tilted your head back, allowing the water to enter your mouth. your coughing stopped as you stared at kija who was still holding onto you, his face turning pink.

"thanks, kija."

"you're welcome." he replied, allowing you to rest on him, upright.

"y/n, are you feeling better today?" yun asked as he sorted out his bag since the group decided they'd be parting from lili soon.

"i am, but i asked you to wake me when the others returned." you said, furrowing your eyebrows.

"i'm sorry. you were in a deep and peaceful sleep after such a long time. i didn't want to wake you." he explained, the guilt showing on his face.

"it's okay. i did rest well, so thank you." you told him, not wanting him to feel too guilty. it wasn't really a big deal anyway.

"that's good. we're going to set off in a bit."

"we are?" you questioned, surprised by the sudden news. "then where is lili?"

"she's leaving too, but for now she's in her room getting ready. i can call her for you."

"please do."

you nodded and he left to go call her. he returned a moment later with the girl. she quickly fell to her knees in front of you, tears brimming her eyes. you moved away from kija, slowly shuffling towards the girl.

"y/n..." she whispered, her eyes examining your wounds.

"you call me the cry baby when you're like this." you laughed to lighten the mood and placed a hand on top of her head making her look into your eyes. "i've said it so many times recently, but i'm absolutely fine. save all that worry for ayura."

"you say that... yet when i look at your wounds i see something different."

"oh stop it. just hug me already." you said, holding out your arms. she didn't budge so you sighed and pulled her towards you, wrapping your arms around her in a warm embrace.

"i hate you." she mumbled against your shoulder.

"love you too." you smiled, ruffling her hair.

"y/n, i'll carry you now, if that's okay with you." kija said after yun helped you outside and onto a rock.

"that would be lovely." you beamed. "but i'm capable of walking myself."