⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟏

only a night had passed since you joined the loud but friendly group

only a night had passed since you joined the loud but friendly group. you planned to do your best to not be a bother and help them so, while jae-ha went to find some food, you went to collect wood for a fire.

on your journey back, you found a male with long, shaggy, blonde hair, strolling through the forest.

"are you lost?" you asked.

he jumped at the sound of your voice and then grinned. "hungry..."

with your mouth in an agape, you examined the mud on his face and listened to the sound of his stomach rumbling.

"we have food... i think. i mean, jae-ha should be back by now and they'll be cooking whatever he got. hmmm i'm hungry now." you were talking to yourself more than the boy in front of you but he heard what you said and latched onto your wrist.

"you have food?! then what are we waiting for!" he exclaimed, tugging you in the wrong direction.

"this way!" you told him, yanking him the other way.

you two made it back to the camp where you could hear kija and jae-ha fighting over who would find the yellow dragon. the male beside you began to drool at the sight of the fawn on the floor. you looked over at him and then to the dragons. you snapped your fingers, letting out a gasp.

"you're the yellow dragon!" you whisper-yelled, pointing at him.

"how did you know, miss?" he asked, wiping away the drool. he didn't even try to deny that he was the yellow dragon.

"i didn't actually. i just assumed because of the hair. at least this time i got it right..." you trailed off, thinking about how you interrogated a random blonde last night.

he took a quick look at you, his aura changing from being cheery and carefree to observant and suspicious. he shook it off then yelled, "let's go!"

you went after him as he sat beside yona, praying for the food. you plopped down next to yun, helping him prepare the fawn.

"do you want me to do it?" you asked, referring to how it was only half cut up.

"sure." he handed you the knife.

you hovered it over the creature, hesitating. you had gone hunting with your father when he was alive and you would watch your mother cook the animals, yet doing this yourself without their guidance was unusual. you didn't have them to tell you not to worry about the poor creature and what would happen to it. you didn't have them to remind you which way to cut.

in that moment, you unknowingly cut straight into the fawn while glaring at yona but swiftly looked away and busied yourself with cutting it when she turned to look at you.

"i think it's done now." yun said and nudged you.

"oh, right." you dropped the knife and let out a cough.