⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐

it was early in the morning when one of the servants came knocking on your bedroom door

it was early in the morning when one of the servants came knocking on your bedroom door. you had spent the whole night trying to distract yourself with books, but it didn't help. books were meant to be your escape from reality. however, for once, it didn't work.

"what is it?" you called, tidying your clothes before going to open the door.

"min-soo is here."

"ah, he is! that's great!" you beamed, standing by the door in front of the servant who was holding a letter in their hand.

"he's injured."

"what? why? what happened?" you asked, panicked.

"this is a letter from soo-won." they handed you the letter. "min-soo has been taken to a guest room."

"take me there, quick."

you followed after the servant who led you to one of the rooms. you entered to see min-soo laying on the bed with several bandages wrapped all around him. he was still unconscious. you rushed forwards and kneeled beside him, holding his hand.

"min-soo...?"

the number of bandages wrapped around him scared you. he looked practically dead. your fingers brushed against the letter and then tore it open to read what was inside:

dear y/n,

something tragic has occurred in the castle. i'm sure soon you will hear about all the rumours, but i'll tell you now. the king is dead and both yona and hak have fled. due to this, i have to stay at the castle for much longer. i may become king. don't worry too much... we'll see each other soon, i promise.

about min-soo, he was injured while helping hak and yona. the injuries are severe but with your care, i'm sure he'll be fine in no time.

- soo-won

you scoffed, "you think i don't know you killed him?"

you ripped up the letter then shoved it back into your pocket so you could discard it properly later. min-soo stirred in his sleep like he was in discomfort. carefully, you pushed his body to the side to see that blood was seeping through his bandages.

"hello! i need some help in here! quick!" you yelled for attention. a few maids and servants came in to see what was wrong and when seeing the blood, they disappeared to get fresh bandages and medicine to clean his wounds.

"lady y/n, please move back so we can help him."

with a quick nod, you got up and backed up to make room for them. one of the maids put a hand on your shoulder, pushing you towards the door.

"he's in good hands. don't worry and go relax. it's what lord soo-won would want."

you left the room, clenching your fists, thinking to yourself.