⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟖

you were now at the fire tribes capital, saika, and in the middle of a battle

you were now at the fire tribes capital, saika, and in the middle of a battle. the group of annoying monsters, which was what yun frequently called them, had been wandering around in the middle casually, as if it wasn't a big deal, and took it upon themselves to fight the soldiers, not giving you the chance to even fight.

"the-they're monsters!" someone cried.

"tell me something i don't know." you yawned, resting your elbow on your katana hilt.

"wha! the tent is on fire!"

yona had launched an arrow lit on fire at the tent. the person who had yelled ran past you and you stuck your leg out, tripping him. as he was about to get back up, jae-ha dropped down from the sky and onto his back.

"hey there."

"no."

"what... i can't even get a hello back?" he whined, getting off the man.

"get back to work." you sighed.

"fine." he said and took out another soldier near him.

"good boy."

he paused and turned back around to face you. "praise me like that again."

"absolutely not."

"the army..." shin-ah spoke, uncovering his eyes.

"have they come?" kija asked.

"good grief. well, it's about time to redraw." jae-ha said, but shin-ah stayed quiet, still staring into the distance.

"shin-ah, what is it?" you asked, going to stand by him in case you could point anything out, as well.

"the army is... the army isn't coming here."

"what?!"

"the fire tribe army and sen province army... are south west... are heading south west."

"what? that's towards hiryuu castle. why?" you asked then shook your head. "actually never mind that. let's get back to the others to tell them."

"yes. quick."

when you got back to yona, yun and hak, you told them about the situation.

"they aren't coming back?!" yun exclaimed. "why...? if he's retreating and calling for reinforcements then wouldn't he return here first?!"

"i wonder if he thinks he'll get surrounded so he's avoiding it?" yona said.

"soo-jin's army was heading southwest which is towards hiryuu castle." you explained. "why would that be...?"

"he's asking for reinforcements from the king." yona suggested.

"if he goes to hiryuu castle, he can definitely get strong reinforcements but..." yun started to say.