⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏

"change of plans

"change of plans. i'm going to hiryuu castle." you muttered and stormed out of the library to where your room was. the maid was stood outside holding the bag, waiting. "you can leave now."

she handed you the bag and then scurried away. you dumped it under your bed to hide it and then took out a box from the cupboard and pulled out the contents, grey leggings, black boots, and a black cloak dress that connected to the hood. it was perfect when wanting to hide in the shadows.

by night, you were already on the steps of hiryuu castle, in your clothing, and daggers in the holsters on your thigh.

there were guards all over the place, so you covered yourself with the black hood. you placed a foot against a crack in the wall. using both hands, you pulled yourself up, looking for more cracks to hold onto. you found another a little higher up and put your foot in it, your hands reaching to the top of the wall.

"shit." you swore when your foot slipped as the crack crumbled.

your arms flailed in the air but you managed to cling to the wall, pulling yourself all the way up and onto the platform. you ran across it, making your way closer to the roof of the main castle and then jumped onto it. you slid down next to an empty room and entered. hearing footsteps close by, you ducked to hide behind a pillar.

soo-won entered after you, luckily not seeing anything. you stayed silent, listening as footsteps and yells got louder. the door swung open and soo-won grabbed the person who walked in. it was yona. you watched her kick around the place, arms flailing as she tried to get away from your fiancé's grip.

"soo-won!"

"yona?"

"soo-won..." she turned to look at the boy.

"i'm sorry. did i frighten you?" he smiled, tilting his head as she leaned forwards, putting her hands on the floor. "i did come in without warning."

"a-a strange man came after me."

you hid further behind the pillar when the candles were lit and soo-won walked past you to check outside the room.

"there's no one there."

"it can't be!" yona hugged herself and soo-won ran forwards, taking off his cloak to put around her. your hands shook as he whispered comforting words and put his forehead on hers.

"no. i cant be with you." she pushed him away.

"why not?" after a few moments of silence, you peered around the pillar to see what was happening. "if you would rather be with hak, i will take you to his quarters. he is your betrothed, isn't he?"

"that's not..."

"you don't need to hide it. hak would be angry if he knew the two of us were alone."