⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟕

"after we cross this bridge, kai empire is over that mountain

"after we cross this bridge, kai empire is over that mountain." yun said as the group stood by the bridge hovering several feet above water and rocks. "this suspension bridge is really old though."

"i found it when i was jumping around this area. back when the area beyond the mountain was kouka territory, merchants and travellers used this suspension bridge i assume. it hasn't been used in a long time so watch your step." jae-ha explained.

"ah... this is not very fun." you chuckled, shaking as you walked across the rotting planks. "everyone, be careful."

"the planks are rotting." kija pointed out the obvious. "it looks like it's about to fall apart."

"if it's yona, y/n or yun..." jae-ha began saying. as he did, kija stepped on a plank and it broke. you cried out as he fell but thankfully jae-ha caught him.

"kija!"

"if it's yona, y/n or yun, i would save them even if they fell. the rest of you guys will have to deal with yourselves... is what i was going to say. of course it's like this."

"are you alright, kija?!"

"yes, my life flashed before my eyes like a merry go round. it was quite an enlightening experience."

"if it was that interesting of an experience, we're going to be sad that we only got to see your back."

"i don't like this at all—" you began to say but cut yourself off as the plank you stood on shook violently. you dropped to your knees and clung to the rope.

"afraid of heights, miss?" zeno asked, bending next to you.

"she shouldn't be." hak replied and poked you with the end of his weapon. "oi. you always climbed trees when you were younger. did you suddenly develop this fear?"

"it's not the heights. it's the water."

"you're scared of water?" he teased.

"did you forget the time i saved her from drowning?" jae-ha asked.

"so it's trauma?"

"shut up both of you." you groaned, wobbling as you attempted to get up.

a hand appeared in front of you. you peered up at shin-ah and although you couldn't see his face or hear him say anything, you knew he wanted to help. you gladly took the hand and let him pull you up on your feet.

"can i keep holding?" you asked. he nodded and you continued walking.

"i thought it was normal that there would be a ton of armed soldiers so it was discomforting." yun explained. "however, there's a high chance that there would be soldiers there. that's why i picked this route instead."

"isn't there a chance we'll lose our lives here though...?" kija gulped.

"don't say that!" you yelled and tightened your grip on shin-ah's hand.