⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑

a long time had passed and you still didn't know if it was soo-won you hated or yona

a long time had passed and you still didn't know if it was soo-won you hated or yona. possibly both, but one more than the other. your feelings were unclear. you just knew you held a lot of hate in your heart. however, the news of hak still being alive had given you hope the past month. thus, you began sending longer letters back to soo-won in an attempt to get information out of him. his next plan. the only problem was that you were no longer getting letters back.

why? was there trouble with communication or as the new king, did he not have enough time to reply to his fiancé he had practically abandoned?

"y/n." min-soo called, breaking your train of thought.

"min-soo!" you exclaimed, seeing the boy by the gardens you were going to visit. you rushed over to hug him. "you look better."

over the month, he had healed well and was spending more time with you.

"i feel better and because of that... i'll have to return to king soo-won's side." he said, a letter between his fingertips. he lifted it for you to see clearly. "from him."

"i expected this." you sighed. "you're my only friend here. do you have to? if only soo-won was replying to my letters, i'd ask him to let you stay by my side."

his hand landed on your head. "don't be silly. you'll be fine without me. you're so strong. don't worry too much, things will be okay."

"are you even real? you're so amazing." you laughed, hugging him once more.

"lady y/n." a soft voice interrupted the two of you.

you looked to the right to see a maid, it was the same one who had been so nervous when telling you dinner was ready to eat.

"yes?" you replied, watching her fumble with her fingers. she wasn't nervous talking to anyone else but when it came to you, she was like this.

"lunch is made."

"i was going to eat in town again." you told her. you had been doing that the whole month. "but it's fine. i guess i'll eat the food the cooks made today."

"i'll see you soon, y/n." min-soo grinned at you.

"goodbye, min-soo. punch soo-won for me." you joked, sending him one last wave before he disappeared.

you then began making your way to the dining room but felt a hand clasp onto your wrist. confused, you glanced down at the hand. the maid held it while glaring down at her feet, conflicted.