⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟎

in the morning, you woke up to hear the news of yona's group leaving awa

in the morning, you woke up to hear the news of yona's group leaving awa. you rushed around, looking for hak to say goodbye before he left. instead, you ran into yona who was collecting all of her stuff.

you stopped behind her, thinking if you should speak to her or not. after a few second of walking away then walking back, you sucked it up and did so.

"hey, yona?" you called.

"yes?"

she turned to look at you, a sweet smile on her face. it made you wonder how she could always be smiling even after enduring such pain. a couple months ago she would have ignored you or answered rudely. some part of you wanted to accept her for who she was now and get rid of the hatred.

"do you know where hak is?"

"him and yun went into town to get a few more things before we left." she replied and tied her cloak around her neck.

"so he's really leaving." you sighed.

"um, so where are you going to go? are you going to stay in awa?" she asked.

"i'm not really an awa type of person." you joked, but went quiet again. "i don't have anywhere to go. i finally found hak again but he's leaving and we didn't even get to talk."

"i'm sure you'll find out what to do." she said then glanced in the direction of the town. "actually, i need to do something. come say bye to us later with everyone else."

"sure..."

you fidgeted with the bandages on your fingers, dozing off as you stared at the water ahead of you.

"you're always overthinking when you stare at the water." you heard a voice and then smelt the familiar smell of a pipe.

"captain... or should i even call you that now? what happens now?"

"the pirates are now fishermen. though, i'd still like to be a captain." she said. "and you?"

"i think i might travel back to kouka kingdom and talk to a priest, ask him what i do now."

"that's strange." she said, not understanding how a priest could tell you such a thing. "you should go with that group."

"what?"

"yona and those beasts. you'd fit right in."

"gee thanks." you jokingly rolled your eyes and then tapped your fingers against the wood. "i don't think they'd want me to."

"they would, trust me."

"captain!" one of the ex pirates ran up to the two of you. "they're leaving. we have to go say bye now."

"come on." gi-gan said and you followed her to the entrance to awa where the group of friends and ex pirates were saying their goodbyes.

"you're finally leaving, yona?" someone asked as you slipped into the corner, watching from afar.