⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟑

"yun, which village will we go to next?"

"let's see. at this time, the officers are supposed to go to shuu village, too." yun replied to kija, resting his chin on his hand.

"is that far?" hak asked. he had a straw hat on his head. it was quite funny to you and you tried to steal it off him but he pushed you away.

"yeah a little. what should we do? officers might come to katan village again too."

"then i'll go guard katan village at once." jae-ha said.

"oh, that would be a big help." yun told him. "yona will wait here."

"huh? why? i'm going, too—"

"the next place is far. we don't know if officers will come. for our fighting force, if the thunder beast and kija are there, it'll be fine." he explained, which convinced her.

"then zeno will hold down the fort with the miss!" zeno said, a large toothy grin on his face. kija was quick to grab onto him.

"don't you just run around in the middle of battle? this time i will teach you the ways of fighting like one of the four dragons. come. shin-ah, we're entrusting the princess to you. oh, wait." kija then turned to look at you. "y/n, are you going to stay here with yona an—"

"no!" you burst out and then slapped your hand onto your mouth. "sorry, i meant i don't feel like hanging around here the whole time."

you didn't think you could stand another day alone with yona and didn't care if getting away from her would mean having to do something boring.

"i see. will you come with us or jae-ha then?" he asked. his blue eyes were drawing you in again and you nearly lost yourself for a second.

"oh um." you weren't sure.

"i don't mind the company of a cute girl." jae-ha said. you rubbed your forehead, feeling your eye twitch.

"very well." kija chimed, making his way over to the other three who he was going to shuu village with.

"wait a damn minute. i did not agree to this."

"have fun!" hak yelled back, waving his hand without looking at you. you glared at his back, imagining it as a target that you'd throw daggers at.

"come on, my beauty." jae-ha held his hand out, a deceivingly innocent smile on his face. you took his hand and allowed him to take you to the borders of katan village.

the two of you sat in silence just watching since you had to be on guard in case bandits appeared. a while had passed and jae-ha could no longer sit in silence.

"speak." you said.

"what?" he asked, dropping the bird he had caught a while ago.

"you look like you have something on your mind. go on." you said, leaning your head back to look up at the sky.