Chapter 26

Next chapter uploaded tomorrow (July 10th) instead of today!

"Why did you lie," Hange questioned pulling Levi by his arm into a conference room. "I don't know, I don't know... I panicked, okay, his mother is dead, and his sister and father are nowhere to be found, we should probably find them first," Levi rambled while Erwin slipped into the room silently. "Wait did you tell Armin," Hange asked turning to Erwin letting Levi ramble on. "Not yet, no, but I can't keep it from him forever and if I tell him he's bound to tell Eren," Erwin explained watching Levi who was still panicking. Hands in his hair panting loudly.

"Okay first off, you calm down, let's discuss this," Erwin said sitting down on the chair followed by Hange and Levi. "Why didn't you tell him the truth," Erwin asked in a more calmed hushed tone than Hange did. "I'm terrified, what if he leaves, am I stupid to think like that, I can't handle Eren leaving, or dealing with this loss alone," Levi spoke in almost a whisper his head resting in his hands.

"Then don't let him, I know this probably sounds weird but you're still the alpha, in the relationship, and your gender, you still have the upper hand so make sure he knows that you won't leave and if you have to force your way back to him if he were to leave or push you away," Hange explained rubbing Levi's back. "I can't fucking do that shitty glasses, I'll turn into a controlling alpha, I can't do that to him, I promised him I wouldn't," Levi mumbled looking at Hange. "I know it's not ideal but you don't have to keep up the behavior, and who knows the chance is quite large he'll turn to you of all people for comfort, but if you're gonna lie to him and keep this from him, the chance he won't come to you will only grow with time," Hange explained making a pretty solid point which was only annoying Levi more.

Levi stood up and walked away from the two who just stayed seated and watched him walk around the room "Our top priority is finding his father and sister, along with other survivors, and I want a list of the deceased, I'll talk to Eren after I read through the list, I know it's probably not important, but Eren also mentioned someone by the name Jean once, is he...," Levi stopped talking looking at Hange who was looking at Erwin.

"I'm not sure, I know his parents are dead, but I'll have to check," Erwin explained.

"Okay, what about the culprits, any word on them," Levi crossing his arms leaning against the wall. "So far nothing, hopefully, once we find the survivors we can get a better light on the situation," Erwin stood up and walked over to the desk in the room grabbing a map and spreading it out over the table in the middle of the room. "We'll look in the woods near the shiganshina district, there is a chance the survivors ran there, or are making their way towards the frost district, if we find them, we'll take them to stohess, question them there before we make the next move," Erwin explained pointing it out while Hange and Levi silently listened and watched as Erwin explained the plan. "Is castle Utgard still abandoned?" Levi asked pointing to the location of the castle on the map. "For as far as I know it is, why," Hange answered giving him a confused look.

"We need a place to hide if needed, I know the palace is the safest place for Eren right now, but we don't know what is coming so having a backup plan wouldn't be the worse, so clean out the castle make it spotless so we can flee there if needed," He ordered watching Erwin and Hange just nod. "I'll have guards start searching Shiganshina and the Trost district for survivors and possible clues to who the culprits are, along with the woods near the Shiganshina district." Levi nodded in agreement before turning his gaze to the door after hearing a knock.

Hange frowned at the two men next to her before nodded at Levi. "Come in," Levi said a cold look spread across his face as the door opened. Eren stepped inside a bit taken aback by his alpha's cold look and tense posture along with Hange and Erwin who had a serious look on their faces. "Is everything okay, a maid said they saw you three go in here, I looked all over for you," Eren said closing the door behind him. Levi's expression softened watching Eren step inside the room and close the door. "I'm sorry love," Levi quickly made his way over to the boy standing by the door and kissed his cheek.

"Everything okay, you all seem so tense," Eren glanced at Erwin and Hange who just looked at Levi. He had his arm wrapped around the boy's waist pulling him a bit closer glancing back at the two standing across from them. "We need to talk," Levi whispered in the boy's ear who immediately tensed up while his smile quickly faded. "What's wrong," Eren simply asked looking up at Levi with a scared expression. "Come on, I wanna show you something," Levi stands grabbing Eren's hand pulling him out of the room.

"Levi where are we, and what's going on you're scaring me," Eren yelled pulling his hand out of Levi's stopping in his tracks. Levi turned to Eren and had a sad and slightly frightened look on his face. "We're almost there, I'll explain everything then," Levi said his voice trembling. "Love tell me what's going on," Eren walked up to Levi and cupped his cheeks rubbing his thumb over his cheekbones. "Please just trust me on this and follow me," Levi said placing his hands on Eren's back. The boy nodded and followed Levi.

They silently made their way into a beautiful garden with pink, red and yellow flowers growing everywhere and a big blossom tree with a small stone bench next to it, blossom petals falling from the tree. Levi let Eren to the bench as they sat down together he felt a lump form in his throat. "Levi," Eren questioned placing his hand on Levi's thigh. Levi grabbed his hand softly squeezing it. "I wish I didn't have to tell you this, I wish it's all a lie, I really do," Levi started cupping the omegas cheeks who stared back at him still confused. "Is this about your father again," He quickly shook his head and cupped both his cheeks. "Oh god no, no, hell no, I promise my father doesn't have anything to do in this," Levi removed one of his hands from the boy's cheek and placed it back over his hand.

"Before we left, that guard, he told me that the Shiganshina district had been raided, everybody has been killed, the culprits tried to stage your mother's suicide, but she was murdered, your father and sister are nowhere to be found, Love, I am so sorry," Levi squeezed Eren's hand but he pulled away from Levi's touch. "They're gone," Eren mumbled tears welling in his eyes threatening to fall down his cheeks any second. "We don't have word on your father and sister yet, we're having guards look for potential survivors, but your mom was found dead, Eren I am so so sorry," Levi reached out for Eren again but he flinched and stood up gazing down at Levi tears continuously flowing from his eyes dripping onto his clothes and the floor. "No," Eren mumbled before running off.

Levi jumped up calling and running after Eren but eventually stopped. He turned and rushed to the room he last saw Erwin and Hange rage in his eyes.

The door slammed open with a raging Levi in the door frame looking at Hange with tears in his eyes. "I am NEVER taking advice from you again shitty glasses, I told him and now he ran off," Levi screamed seeing Armin in Erwin's arms sobbing into the blonde alpha's chest. "Wow... Levi, calm down," Hange said taking a step back towards Erwin who was completely focused on the sobbing beta in his arms.

"What happened," Hange asked slightly standing behind Erwin and Armin. "I told him, that his mother was dead and his father and sister were missing, he ran off," Levi growled eyes still glued to the slightly frightened Hange. "I'm gonna go find him," Armin said wiped his tears away, and pulled himself out of Erwin's hug looking up at the alpha. "No, leave that to me, Erwin get the guards on top of this as soon as possible, Hange if I can't find him, you better have one hell of an apology or plan in mind," Levi growled at the three before storming off. 'Eren, you're not allowed to go through this alone, I'm here' Levi thought running through the long castle halls.