Chapter 34

Multiple weeks had gone by and Eren had was going into his third trimester and was around 28 weeks pregnant ( he's in the middle of his 7th month), meaning his stomach was rather large and was often order by Levi to sit down. Though he would take a walk every morning and after noon watching everyone train. Things we calm but still Eren felt like he was being watched. At night he'd feel someone brush his hair away but when he'd look up Levi's hands were no where near his hair and the alpha was fast asleep. Eren hadn't told Levi about this while Hange and Historia encouraged the omega to tell his mate since the stress of it wasn't good for Eren or the baby. Eren had been nesting a lot and even if he would leave his room he'd want to be close to Levi. The baby had started kicking and it was killing him since the kicking never seemed to stop though Levi would enjoy feeling the baby kick.

"Goodnight guys," Eren waved everyone goodnight before moving to their bedroom. Eren always went first so he could change in peace while looking at how much his stomach had grown before Levi would join him. While walking down the hall Eren could hear footsteps in the hall. Thinking it was just Hange be brushed it off and walked into his room. He opened the window for a second letting the cold air into his room while he started to undress himself putting on a clean pare of underwear and a silk robe. Eren heard creaking of the door making him jump up thinking Levi's arms would soon wrap around him but nothing.

Eren turned around seeing the door wide open but no Levi. "H-hello," Eren's voice was trembling with fear as he slowly made his way over to the desk that held a gun in one of the drawers. "Levi," Eren asked shuffling to the desk not taking his eyes off the door. "Anyone..," When Eren was about to reach the gun someone ran at him. He tried to aim the gun but wasn't holding it properly.

A gun shot sounded through the castle making everybody jump up from their rather calm and comfortable positions. Levi looked around the room soon realizing Eren had already gone to bed. His eyes went wide in realization looking at Hange and Erwin. After a second they understand it while Levi started running followed by everyone else. They heard another gun shot this one louder since they were closer to the room as Levi started to run faster his heart pounding out fo his chest with fear.

He bragged through the door looking at the room that was an absolute mess. Eren saw a slight puddle of blood on the floor as he hoped it wasn't Eren's. He walked further into the room followed by the rest, there was a clear view of a struggle, the books on the bookshelves were on eh floor. The sheets of the bed were messed up and the pillows were on the floor. The stuff that was neatly placed on the desk were all over the floor. The mirror was broken and the top drawer where Levi kept the gun for Eren's protection was opened.

"No, no, no, no, no, no—," Levi continued to mumbled the simple word while looking through the mess. When he found the gun he made sure he wasn't pointing the gun at anyone before he undid the cylinder latch and let the cylinder swing out. "One, two, three, four.... there's only four," Levi mumbled under his breath standing up again. He saw the window opened and quickly made his way towards it. "Blood," He mumbled letting his finger trail over the small spot of blood on the windowsill.

"I can't smell him anymore," Levi mumbled looking over at the rest his arms numb at his side blood on his fingers tears welling in his eyes. "I... I let them get Eren," He still spoke under his breath as silent tears fell from his eyes not a single sob coming from his throat. He felt empty, he didn't know what to do. Eren was gone, and it was his fault.

"Fuck, I'm gonna kill this omega," Keith was snarling while a woman was stitching him up. "I don't think that's necessary," the woman softly spoke pushing the needle into Keiths skin again. "The little shit shot me," Keith snarled looking at his shoulder where the bottle had grazed him. "Stop whining, it just grazed you," She quickly finished up Keith before turning to someone else. "Oh Grisha would like to meet you in his room, with Eren," She spoke not feeling the need to look at him. He just nodded bid his goodbye and made his way out fo the room.