Pool party?

I heard Luke grab the wooden chair, causing it to screech as it scrapped across the wooden floor. He plopped down, huffing a bit.

"Hungry?" I mumbled as I moved my neck a bit but my eyes didn't move away from the cooked food. "Very." Luke said. "It's almost done impatient one." I smirked as I flipped the last pancake.

"Well hurry up before I tackle you and eat everything." Luke said as he held his hands and he wrapped them around the back of his head, making his elbows stick out. He lifted up both of his long skinny legs and he rested them on the table, crossing them at the ankles.

"Ok it's all set-" I put all the food on our plates and started making my way towards Luke but I paused once I saw his position. "Luke!" I growled as if he was a little child who just got into the birthday cake before the party even started. His lips curved into a smile as he noticed my annoyance.

"What?" He asked innocently, raising an eyebrow and poking out his bottom lip. "Get your feet off the table right now Luke." I said as I started walking towards him. I removed my finger from the plate to poke his shoe but he already slid them off.

"Ok mom." He said as he rested his hands on the chair and he scooted in. "If I have to be the mom in this house I will, since you're so childish." I said as I set a plate in front of him and I sat down across from him.

"Come on Ab. We use to be so immature and we were such troublemakers, now look at you, you treat me like I'm your son. Whatever happened to us being goofballs?" Luke questioned.

"Well Luke, were starting new lives now, I mean were older now. We need to start acting responsible. I still will have many fun days but I mean, someone has to at least take care of the house." I breathed. I wasn't even looking at him as I talked. I was too busy moving around the salt and pepper shakers.

"Take a break Ab. You worry too much, you need some fun. Stop stressing." Luke said. "Luke , you're the older one, you should be the responsible one you idiot." I laughed as I reached over and punched his shoulder. He giggled as he smiled at me.

"Yeah well I don't want my kid years to fade yet, that will happen when I'm like 80." Luke said as he leaned back on his chair. I rolled my eyes before smiling and eating my food.

"Mmm. So good." Luke mumbled as his mouth was full of food. "I know." I smirked as I gulped. We both started eating more of our food in silence. The only noises were the sounds of the forks stabbing into the food and our jaws going up and down, grinding our teeth.

Suddenly Luke's phone dinged, causing me to look up as Luke looked down, and he digged his hand down in his pocket and took out his phone.

I stared at him waiting for him to say something, but it took a while. "What's up?" I asked, growing impatient. Luke started typing on the keypad before talking to me.

"Calum and Ashton are inviting us over to a pool party. We should go." Luke said as he continued to type. "A pool party?" I asked. "Yup." Luke said as he locked his phone and set it down.

"Oh come on Abby, we need some fun. We've been packing for months, we need a break." Luke said as he realized I was deep in thought.

"Alright fine. But I don't have any good bathing suits." I said. "If I take you shopping, will you go?" Luke asked. "Of course! Free clothes!" I giggled. "That's the Abby I know. YAY POOL PARTY!" Luke laughed.