01

"First position, second position, third, fourth, fifth, first, and Plié."

I made sure that my breathing was stable and natural, it helps me with the warmup. The tapping of my coach's stick through the marley floor was echoing on the fully airconditioned room, fixing and adjusting my breathing was not that hard. I mean, I've been doing ballet since I was five, I'm almost fourteen now.

"Plié, Plié, Plié, first position," Miss Claudine, my coach, instructed. "Tendu." I stretched my right toes and feet on the floor, it's like a routine before I take a fly later. "Stretch it more, Ophelia," steadily I stretched my toes. It's important, I might get injured, I can't afford that.

"Dégagé, and back to first position." I was calm and feeling the heat on my calf, it's warming up, my bare back feeling the coldness of the aircon and my lungs getting filled by the oxygen, relaxing.

"Dégagé, and back." I know what I should do next, but this is a new routine that Miss Claudine was making me try, I slowly lifted my left leg and detached it from the marley flooring, dégagé, means to disengage.

"Développé ." I started raising my legs and extending it. I was waiting for Miss Claudine's words; I've always been waiting for other people's words. I let out a sigh from my mouth. "Coupé, passé, attitude, and full extension." At a very young age, I can do développé without a bar but it's hard for me not to shake, I'm flexible, but not yet that strong.

"Great job, back to first." Miss Claudine assured. I raised my hand gracefully and let the points of my pointe shoes glide on smooth flooring. The tickles and pain at the end of my feet was making hard for me to keep a poker face. Stretched face caused by the tight and neat bun was hard to bear, it's making me sleepy.

I barely got any sleep last night because I was practicing my développé, so I can do it steadily without a bar. This move is developing your legs high up, my performance needs this move, I needed to master it. I needed to perfect every move. I need to be perfect. Or at least something close to that... Because I'm an Yrreverre. I'm Ophelia Yrreverre.

Feeling the slaps of air on my skin as I carefully jump with my both arms raised makes my heart fasten its beat. The feeling of satisfaction when you're doing what you're told. Especially doing it with excellence and power.

"Excellent, Ophelia, as what I've expected from you!" she commended. I'm back at position one, my hands in front of me as if I'm holding a bouquet but with open hands. I just finished my practice! My piece ended with a saut de chat! Or a jump of the cat, it's normally described as doing splits but in the air.

Panting, pumunta ako sa gilid ng malaking practice area at kinuha ang tubigan ko. I looked up at the ceiling to see if it's already dusk, and it is, what did I expect, it's already seven in the evening. Kanina pa ako ritong ten ng umaga, it's tiring.

But at least I'm doing something that would make Mommy happy. Then from that, I am happy.