04

"So you believe in me, huh.. That's.. That's a first."

I bit my lower lip and gripped on my pen tighter, pain ramped on my system wala na bang ibang naniniwala sa kaniya? Is it that hard to see through someone's past?.. Hindi ko naman kasi alam wala akong alam kung saan nanggagaling 'yong mga hinanakit ng mga tao sa kaniya.

"Sakto lang, galing mo sa Math e," lumunok ako at pinagpatuloy nang i-tap ang dulo ng aking pen sa paper, gosh imagine 'pag ako talaga nagkaroon ng anak I won't be a big help after third grade sa Math!

"Madali lang naman," he chuckled. "Numbers just looks scary but it's really not, you just need to know the basics," masama ko siyang tinignan, what's not so scary about this subject, huh?! Pythogoras wants me to curl like a salted worm!

"Okay genius," I rolled my eyes and proceeded to scribble the irrelevant numbers on my intermediate, I stole a glance on Light and he looks bored looking at the numbers in front of him, he's solving it faster than I could ever do.

He's still solving it without a calculator! Jotting like it's the alphabet parang mas lalo akong nawindang! Pursed lips and sleepy eyes he's doing Math like it's his first language.

I gulped when I saw how his apples move, this Sibal.. I know he's great, I mean.. He's a Sibal after all.

"Amazed ka naman masyado," he shook his head as the side of his lips rose.

"Nope, not to a late comer," I diverted my gaze on my paper and started to solve the first equation, it's making my brain clench into a sob!

"Natu-turn off ka ba sa mga late comer, Zettie?" I furrowed my brow and erased my first step in solving the problem, mali ang ginawa ko, I remember Light's words to me.

"Zettie? You have too many nicknames for me," ngumuso ako and ignored his humored stare.

"Let me be with my nicknames for you, bigay mo na 'yon sa akin," tumango nalang ako and encircled my answer, gosh 39 more, Miss Rose this is not helpful.. At all! "So, does it turn you off? Hmm?" I looked at him puzzled because I don't get the point of asking my preferrences.

"Why do you even care about the things that does and does not," I said.. Almost rolling my eyes.

"Wala, we're friends, gusto lang malaman ang liking mo.. " With the tip of his tongue he glided it across his lower lip to wet it, that made his rosy lips glimmer because of the light's reflection. "And, honestly.. Gusto ko lang maging close sa'yo, so para maging matalik tayong magkaibigan kailangan kong alamin kung anong mga gusto mo, so I could respect you and your fondness," he shrugged.

I cleared my throat and nodded, see bakit willing siyang mag-change for other people!

"Why are you so willing to change for other people?" He chortled and played with his lips, now he's staring at his paper and playing with his g-tec, 0.3.

"I'm used to adjusting for other people's standards, Lettie, now you tell me what turns you off and what does not," ipinatong niya ang clenched fist niya sa table and rested his chin on top of that, still not letting his eyes off the project.