A YEAR WITH YOU

A special section.

"Light.. Mahal, gising ka.. "

Even with droopy eyes I tried my best to wake up. Mabilis akong bumangon at tinignan si Lizette na kanina pa ako tinatapik. I opened the side lamp and saw her eyes in an instant. Her swollen eyes welcomed me.

"B-Bakit ka umiiyak?!" my heart skipped a beat. "Why are you crying?!"

"L-Light," she sobbed. "Do you still love me? Mahal mo pa ba ako?" tears started to fall from her beautiful eyes.

Ilang beses akong kumurap sa tanong niya. Ano raw? What did she just ask me? Mahal ko pa ba siya?

"Lizette," I sighed and hugged her. "Your tummy hurts?" I asked softly and patted her back.

"A-Ang dami ko nang stretch marks! H-Hindi mo na siguro ako mahal," she cried. I laughed a bit as I secure my wife's physique in my arms.

"Let's put oil on your tummy, shall we?" I kissed the side of her head. Tinignan ko ang orasan.. It's two in the morning and the love of my love is crying because she's not sure if I still love her even if she have those marks.

"A-Ayaw ko," she shook her head. Ngumuso ako't unti-unting binuksan ang oil na nilalagay sa tiyan so she won't have the marks.

Although to me, it's all fine. With or without those, she's still my wife. I don't think it's anything will change the feelings I have for her. Ayaw ko lang kasing ma-insecure siya so we got her these stretchmark lightening thing.

"Why?" I laughed a bit and removed the sheets that's covering her.

Umiling siya't tinulak ang buhok na bumabagsak sa mukha. She sniffed and covered her big stomach! Napangisi ako.. I did that!

Parang isang tusok lang ng pin ay puputok na ang tiyan niya. I can't help but to smile bigly. I am so excited to witness her give birth! Though they said it won't be that easy and painless..

But we're going to try the water labor.. They said it's less painful and I want what's not painful for her. It's not so easy to push out a child to this world.. What more to push out two?

Masyado ko yatang ginalingan sa pagdadasal kay Lord. I have prayed too much that He got pissed so he granted on giving me two more angels. I promised that I will take a good care of them if He grants my wish.

And He did so I will put up with my promises, too.

"Come here, love," I smiled at my crying wife.

"A-Ang panget-panget ko na, Light," she sobbed as she wipe the tears off her eyes. Ngumisi ako. Hindi naman?

"Hindi naman?" I lifted her chin up and smiled wider when her wet face welcomed me. She have been very emotional the past few days. And, as the responsible man for his pregnancy I understand.

I read a book about pregnancies. Sabi, more likely women will feel insecure of themselves during and after the pregnancy. Not all pregnancy are beautiful, some are hard and I think Lizette's having a hard time, too.

Palagi siyang umiiyak dahil sa 'di ko malamang dahilan. I kissed her eyes. "Maganda ka pa rin."

She shook her head. "I-I watched a video.. S-Sabi most men cheats after the first pregnancy of their wife!" maktol niya.

Natawa ako't dahan-dahang inangat ang dress niya para makita ko ang watermelon belly niya! My eyes almost sparkled! My ehart skipped a beat when I saw how round it was.. That stomach's carrying two more Sibals.

Lizette Ophelia is so cool.. I chuckled. She's the strongest woman I have ever seen. She carried Seve, and carried two more..

"But this is not your first pregnancy though?" biro ko. Pinanlisikan niya ako ng tingin at mas lalong umiyak.