18

"Kumain ka na?"

I searched for the familiar voice and my eyes landed to him. I smiled and nodded, I fixed my dress before standing up to give him a kiss on the cheek, and before I could even do that, he fixed my hair and beamed.

"Yes," simple kong sagot at tuluyan na siyang hinalikan sa pinge.

"You want popcorn?" I shook my head and fixed his navy blue casual suit. "Aren't you cold? Isn't this cardigan too thin? I told you to wear something warm," nag-aalala niyang saad. Tinignan ko ang soot kong color white cardigan and blue strapless dress and pouted.

"It is warm," palusot ko kahit medyo malamig na nga. "And I didn't want to wear a sweater on this special event," I compressed my lips and reached for his hair, inayos ko 'yon, I don't want him to look gusgusin on his night.

"You sure? You can have this," turo niya sa suit. Umiling ako at inayos na rin ang mga hikaw niya.. I'm sure this is something that people will remember him for, these chained earrings that is surely adding something to his charms. "Bakit ka ganiyan makatingin? Gwapong-gwapo ka naman ata sa akin Yrreverre," he laughed. I gave him a glare and jokingly slapped his cheeks.

"You're so full of yourself," I sarcastically said.

"Sige lang, tanggi ka lang po," nginitian niya ako nang napang-asar. "Sige na, take your seat, the film's about to start, lalabas na ako for our entrance, alright?" Tumango nalang ako at umupo sa upuan kong may-bond paper na nakasulat ang pangalan ko.

Lizette Yrreverre

I smiled to myself, napapikit ako nang magpatak siya ng halik sa noo ko bago tuluyang lumabas. I puckered my lips and wandered my gape at the mini cinema. Premiere and awards night ngayon ng short film nila Light, it's a competition that involves their whole course, ang mananalo ay ilalaban sa regionals then nationals, four films ata ang involved dito and Light directed one of it.

I'm so proud of this man.. For making his name in this industry. Alam kong malayo ang mararating niya, and I hope that I'll be able to witness every step he makes 'til he reaches his ultimate goal and dream.

"The annual SFU-Film fest is about to start, we're about to witness four amazing films directed by four amazing and incredibly talented senior students from our very own Filmmaking department! Let's give it up for.. " The people inside the mini cinema, including me clapped for the following talented students.

"Ava Yap, Ivor Ferrer, Ruth Williams, and Lucius Sibal!" My smile almost reached my ear when I heard his name being called, agad akong pumalakpak at manghang-mangha silang tinignan, they walked on the small platform and bowed in sync. The MC continued to talk and interviewed the two girls before finally letting them take their seats.

"Kinakabahan ako," bulong ni Light sa akin at hinawakan ang kamay ko. We already watched two films and so far.. No bias involved, it was good, the first one was a film about family and relative problems, the second was light romance that somehow showed the power of manipulation through words and being a relationship at a very young age.