16

"Stop staring."

I almost forgot how to breathe because of what he did. My body is still forcing itself at the corner of the back of his car. It's because of shock. I'm stunned. I don't know what or how to react, so my eyes are still wide as I stare at him, my hands are crossed on my chest. I want to punch him!

I clenched my jaw and felt my blood rush up to my cheeks. That.. That lips did something to.. To my heart! Is this a sign of cardiac arrest?! Heavy breathing, fast pounding of the heart, sweating?! I gulped more. He's watching the fireworks show, unaffected.

He kissed me!

How is he not.. Affected?!

I wanted to grab his hair so bad, especially when he smirked. What's with that curved lips?! It's making me forget how to.. Function! "The show is about to end, hindi ako ang fireworks para panoorin mo, Lettie," he said and looked at me.

Fastly, I averted my gaze to the sky. Hiyang-hiya ako. I don't think I can look at him for the next few weeks. I want to disappear through thin air dahil sa pula ko ngayon. I bit my lower lip 'til I can make sure that this is real and I'm not dreaming nor imagining things.

And it hurt. So.. It means this is not me imagining crazy things! I watched the sky be painted by sparks of different colors and shapes. Most are yellow and red. I prayed to bad that this night will just end. I want to be eaten up, whole and alive by the ground!

"Lettie," panimula niya when the show ended. I hopped out of the back of his car and dusted off my hands.

"Uwi na tayo."

"Lettie," muli niyang tawag. But I didn't even looked at him. I walked quickly and settled myself on his passenger's seat. Hindi na ata kaya ng katawan ko ang dagdag na hiya pa. It's so weird! Even minutes had passed, my heart is still beating rapidly, goodness gracious!

Agad din siyang sumakay sa sasakyan niya at pina-andar ang makina. So I thought we'd leave already. But of course.. Of course he had to talk! This man just can't let me shut for a moment! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but whatever, I want to go home! "Lettie," he called. I inhaled and looked out of the window, crossed arms.

"Lizette," he tapped my shoulders softly and waited for me to answer. "Did.. Did I offend you?" I compressed my lips stiffly and sighed.. I'm not offended, I just.. Can't grasp it now! "If I did.. I'm sorry-"

"It's not alright but I want to talk some other time, let's go home," I truthfully said. Hindi ko pa rin siya tinignan at narinig ko ang malalim niyang buntonghininga at sinuot na ang seatbelt niya, then finally, he drove away.

The whole ride was just silent, and I know that it'll be like that since Light knows when to shut up and he knows how to distance himself. Kissing someone who's not your girlfriend is rude! I mean, at least for me, we have different opinions but mine is that. I want him to know that it's not fine with me 'no!

Minding the heavy silence, I opted to sleep the whole ride and thank heavens he did not bother to wake me up or even try to do so. But of course, he did when we arrived home. I stretched and yawned for a couple of times. Agad siyang bumaba at pinagbuksan akong pinto, matipid akong ngumiti at tutuloy na sana sa loob but he stopped me.