09

"War kayo ng bestie mo?"

I looked at Cola and ignored her question, she was sitting on Light's chair.. Well.. Light's old chair, I rolled my eyes to prevent the feeling guilt that's building up on my system, she tapped her pen on the desk then poked me with it.

"What are you even talking about," she chuckled which made me roll my eyes.

"Favorite line mo 'yan?" She laughed and tapped her shoes at the floor. "What are you even talking about?" She mimicked my voice, she's making a face, gosh, Cola!

"Shut it, Cola," I pursed my lips and looked at the time, malapit nang mag-start 'yong classes. "And what made you think that way, huh?"

"Isang linggo na atang late pumapasok 'yon e," she shrugged and fixed her hair. "Hindi ka na rin binabaunan tapos lumipat pa siya ng upuan," she concluded and pursed her lips.

"So? What does that have to do with me?" Masungit kong tanong at inilabas na ang notebook ko for our second subject, wala pa rin si Light, tapos na ang Religion pero wala pa rin siya, one week na siyang ganiyan.

"Wala lang, naisip ko lang back to rebellion stage na naman siya kasi hindi na kayo friends," she stood up and blew me a flying kiss, our next subject is about to start. "Sige na, mamaya na mabuting mag-aaral muna tayo," she snickered and walked away.

"Uh.. Ophelia?" I stopped getting a bill out of my wallet when I heard a sweet voice talking behind my back, I smiled and raised my eyebrow at Phoebe.

Grade 9 is so stressful, yet it happened like it's Summer break, it's end January already.. Three months na ata kami ni Light hindi nagpapansinan, he doesn't look nor talk to me so I do the same thing, I won't chase for our impossible, complicated, and opposite friendship.

"Yes?" I slightly placed my hand on her arm and dragged her to the side because we're blocking the people who's trying to buy food.

"Nakita mo si Light?" My brows instantly furrowed because of her query.. Why would I even know? And.. When did they start to become close? Ah.. I don't care, I internally shook my head.

"Ah, no e, why?" I smiled and looked around, in hopes that I'll see the guy that she's finding, I don't mind helping her, it looks.. Urgent.

"Hihingiin ko sana number niya.. Meron ka?" I bit my lower lip and shook my head, I really don't have it, we only talk through FB.

"Sorry.. I don't have.. " I compressed my lips because I feel shy, she looks hopeful that I'll be a big help to him, her shoulders sagged but didn't mind it afterwards, she licked her lips and beamed.

"Your number.. May I have your number?" My brows shot up.. Why does she need to know?

"Sure.. " I bit the insides of my cheeks because of stupidity, I wanted to ask why but I didn't have any courage, gosh! Inabot niya sa akin ang cellphone niya.. It's Wednesday today so we have our phones with us, I typed in my number and the next thing I knew my phone rang.