Chapter 28

Arthit cried inconsolably after seeing his life without Kongpob. Kongpob hugged the other, rubbing his back to assure that he's with him but it is not working and Arthit is getting upset more. Everyone seeing his pain, started floating the lantern on Somsak lake, requesting to get acceptance for their love.

 Everyone seeing his pain, started floating the lantern on Somsak lake, requesting to get acceptance for their love

Kongpob who got angry, asked Luna with hurt and disappointment in his eyes

"Why did you do this? you know he won't be able to handle it" Kongpob questioned her, keeping Arthit in his arms, trying to calm him down

"I am here as Goddess, Prince, and It is my duty to show the aftermath of his decisions he take" Luna replied calmly. Even after being a mother, Alizeh couldn't indulge into those things because of her being a goddess. She is here to just witness the evening, so she held her husband's hand for support who complied.

After some time, with efforts of Singto, Krist and Kongpob, Arthit calmed down a bit and asked nobles to resume the ritual.

"So, What is your decision?" Forth asked Arthit, internally praying that this stupid human changes his decision

"This stupid human doesn't change his decisions, your grace" Arthit replied with a sly smile. Kongpob smiled seeing Forth's  shocked expressions.

"You know magic?" Forth questioned

"Let me remind you dear, He's son of Alizeh" Alizeh answered on behalf of Arthit with a proud look. 

"My bad. I forgot" Forth mumbled making other's laugh, lightening the situation. Luna was surprised with Arthit's decision

"May I know the reason behind it Arthit?" Luna asked Arthit diverting the topic

"Kongpob and Mae explained me everything about these rituals. According to them, we will get to know whether I'm his soulmate or not. But For me, he's everything, my love, my life. Only in short span of our lives, we became so close. If he's not my soulmate, then I don't know who's the one for me. I don't accept that he has to endure all the punishments whereas I will get to spend a normal life. Why? falling in love is our decision. So, if you decide that this love is a sin, then we'll take punishment together. How can I be happy without him, when he's the reason behind my smile? Even if we'll not be together, at least I will have his memories which I will treasure till my last breath and I will pray to whoever fulfils our wish, to make us soulmates, at least for our next life" Arthit said it in one breath, looking at Kongpob's eyes. 

Kongpob unknowingly shed tears which Arthit wiped it with his thumb. "If we can't live together, let's meet in death" Kongpob nodded his head as agreement. Krist and Singto's eyes also filled with unshed tears.

Beam cleared his throat and asked permission to start the process. 

"Prince, Have you claimed him?"

"Yes" Arthit replied making other's gasp. Everyone looked at Kongpob in horror who shook his head violently in denial

"What are you talking Arthit?" Kongpob asked, horror clearly painted in his face.