Chapter 43

"Calm down, kid. I'm not gonna hurt you." Minho raised both of his hands up, showing that he's harmless.

"Then stay there." Minho obliged to his order so he won't be seen as a threat.

"What brings you here? To get rid of me?"

"Like i said, i'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanna talk about your lover's condition."

"My love- Eunbi?! Eunbi-noona?! Shut up. She's just my friend."

"Says the guy who walked to the agency twice, screaming her name

"Wha-"

"Why don't we talk inside, Y/N? It's better rather than standing out here in the cold."

"...you're right. Sorry. Please, do come in."

Y/N proceeded to let the mysterious man come inside his house and told him to sit by the sofa.

"This is pretty neat. I expected the place to be dirtier than I thought it would be."

"Well, i am living with two girls after all. They would kill me if I trash this place." Minho nodded in agreement as the two of them heard a sound of the door knob turning.

"Y/N-oppa? Who are y-" Minju's face turned grim when she saw a man in a suit, chilling inside their place. Her first reaction to it was shouting.

"Chaewon-unnie! It's the bad guy from yesterday!"

"WHAT?!" Chaewon ran out of her room with her mouth agape.

"Catch him!" The two quickly threw the pillow they were hugging as they kept throwing other stuff they could find.

"Is this the way you greet your visitors?" Minho asked Y/N while avoiding all of the things that both Minju and Chaewon are throwing at him.

"Y/N please calm them down, they're starting to get on my nerves" Minho told as Y/N stopped whatever he was doing and walked over to the two, calming them.

It was to no avail as they kept throwing things at minho until...

One pillow hit minho straight in the face. Silence filled the entire room as Minho just stood up, calmly fixed his suit and turned the pillow back to them.

"My. I've never thought that Eunbi's friends would be like this, so disappointing." Minho told them.

"If you guys won't listen to what i have to say, fine. Goodluck in saving her. I came here with clean intentions and this is the treatment I get? Bogus." He added. Knowing that Minho is really upset, Y/N begged the two to apologize. And they did.

Fortunately, Y/N convinced Minho enough for him to get back to what he came there for.

"So, what brings you here. Mr. Kidnapper?" Chaewon asked, giving him a glare, but he ignored it.

"I'm here to assist the three of you in getting your friend back to you."

"Getting Eunbi-unnie back to us? Are you serious right now?"

"Yes."

"Weren't you the one who wanted to kidnap her before? Now that you've gotten her, you wanna help us bring her back?"

"Yes."

"...are you bored or something? Don't you have something better to do?"

"What the h- are you listening to what i'm saying?"

"We heard you. But it's just.. Weird. Like, really? Out of nowhere? What made you decide to help us?"

"...it's kind of a long story."

"Minju-ya, what time is it?"

"About.... 8PM?"

"That means it's still early. Throw the story at us, Mr."

"...okay? I'll just give you guys a snippet of the story."

________

Years ago when Mr. and Mrs. Kwon (Hwanbin and Hanna) had just gotten married and Mr Kwon's agency was still on its humble beginnings.

"How was today at the agency?" Hanna asked the man who had just come back from his work as he laid back on the sofa, puffing out his chest.

"Well, I was busier than I thought I would be."

"That's great! I'm happy that the agency's starting to get recognized!!!"

As his agency's getting bigger and bigger, Hwanbin realizes that he'll need one trusty person to help him with getting more investors and contracts for them to make it big. His mind then went to Hanna, his wife, whom he trusts the most out of all of his personal contacts. Hanna declined at first, but due to his husband's persuasion, she accepted it. She is now doing her job as a housewife, and his secretary.

At first everything was going as great as it can get. Hanna was enjoying her time in the company, winning them investors and contracts she never knew possible.

Until...

She started losing those contracts to rival agencies, making them slightly drop. Hwanbin was furious at this and started to think lowly of hanna.

Hanna tried her best but it could never be enough for him. And in her own eyes she saw that husband is a completely different person. He is cruel and manipulative.

Hanna continued to carry out her duties as a housewife, not knowing what her husband was doing behind her in order to make the agency rise once more. Time passed by and the agency just kept getting bigger, and bigger, Hanna thought that her husband was doing it the right way only he knew how, until a certain news got big enough that it reached the news. Hanna, who was watching the tv at the time, witnessed it being told in detail making her curious as to what really happened.

"Hwanbin-ah. What happened to the B agency?" Hwanbin who had just sat down then gave her a look of confusion before realizing which one she had meant.

"Oh that? Yeah their agency was too dangerous for me to leave them running."

"What do you mean by that?"

"So, I did the necessary thing to make the agency afloat. That is to make them get into a scandal so they would fall."

"You did what?!! Ya, you're not supposed to do that!"

"But I already did, so... nothing i can do about that. Besides, it's better to just stay at the top by crushing the others instead of coming up with something, no?"

"You... how long have you been doing this for?"

"Once i've realized that we were getting smaller, and started getting fewer showcases, I just knew that I had to do something about the other competitors. And that is to do whatever is necessary. Trust me hanna I tried doing it the right way. Remember those times when we lost because a rival agency won the contract? Remember those times? It turns out that those people always bribed people so they would come out on top. I want to be like that too, Hanna-ya. For us. If we keep losing them, it won't be too long until our agency goes to bankruptcy. So i did those things and I don't regret any of it. Look at where we are now."

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm gonna rest in the bedroom for now. This is giving me a headache. Please. Stop doing this."

Hwanbin thought it was ridiculous how she told him to stop, as he decided to ignore it and continue with his way. Years have passed by, and Hwanbin has started to get home more later than usual. There would be days where he never went home, leaving his wife to sleep alone. That is, until she went out drinking because of how her husband has been acting.