Chapter 7

"Chaewon-ah. How's the search going?" Eunbi asked Chaewon as she's biting into a piece of meat. They both did promise on going to eat a BBQ after the exams was over.

"There's this one luxurious place that doesn't cost much, unnie. I had contacted the landlord and she said she'll let me survey the whole place first. She also said that she could wait until our results are out." Chaewon said as she places the meat on top of the grill, causing Eunbi's nostrils to expand larger.

*have you ever seen anything~? have you ever seen this colors~?*

"Ah. My phone." She looked at the caller ID before answering the call.

"Honey. Are you still eating?" Her mom asked sounding worried, making Eunbi stop eating.

"Yes. Why?"

"Can you hurry and come home after that? There's something important."

"O-oh... okay. I'll go as soon as i can. Bye mom, love you." *beep* "Chaewon. Let's hurry and finish up. I think there's something wrong at my house." Eunbi said as she finishes her last piece of meat.

"Can i come with you, unnie?"

"Yes please. I hope it's not something too serious."

Time skip

*creak*

"Mom?" Eunbi called her mom. Her mom then peeked from the living room gesturing her to come fast. Chaewon who was behind her then closed and locked the door behind it before going inside.

"What's wro- Ah. Hello." Eunbi bowed as soon as she saw a man with a police uniform sitting across of her mom. Chaewon who was there as well followed her behavior.

"Is this your friend, Ms. Eunbi?" Eunbi nodded to the man's question. His voice was kind of deep which made Eunbi startled.

"Good then. I want to talk about something, Ms. Eunbi." Eunbi then sat down next to her mom.

"Am i.. allowed to be here?" The policeman nodded followed by Chaewon sitting next to Eunbi.

"Ms.Eunbi. I'm here to tell you that you have been proven not guilty as of today."

"...........huh?" The words of the policeman was too shocking as it made her frozen, Chaewon even almost dropped her jaw hearing about the truth.

"You have been proven not guilty, Ms. Eunbi." He said once again.

"B-b-but, how?" She asked stuttering but calmly, trying to not sound too excited.

"Let me tell you from the start. I had my suspicions, because every evidence that was found just didn't make sense to me. So right after the case was closed, i talked about this to the chief and asked him for permission to give me more time to try and solve this. I was lucky that he gave me a permit to do it, but i was alone. Things happen, and it turns out that it was a false murder. The murder didn't happen, the funeral wasn't even there in the first place, Ms. Eunbi. It was all a setup by your previous company."

"A SETUP BY WHO?!" Eunbi almost screamed hearing that last sentence, but the policeman gestured for her to calm down first so he can continue. "I'm sorry. Mr..... Choi?" Eunbi called as she glanced at his name tag.

"This was a setup by your previous company. Their motive was because that it was due to your attitude. But doesn't it seem too much to go that far just for your attitude? That they would go through that length to fake a murder? So i pressured them, and it turns out they wanted to kick you out since their company was already successful enough. And as of today, the company was immediately shut down. The CEO was slammed to jail earlier and also has to pay you a huge sum of money as compensation."