Chapter 31

"Wh-what're you talking about, Minju-ya? I only see him as a friend, that's all." Eunbi played dumb by dismissing her words as false accusations.

"Besides, you know that he's after you right? How can i see him that way when he has his eyes set on you?" She continued in hopes of strengthening her stand.

"Really, unnie?" Minju asked as she turned her head to her. "Are you really telling me the truth?"

"Yes. I am." Eunbi this time didn't hesitate as she looked Minju in the eye.

"So you really don't see him more than a friend? So he's just your 'housemate'?"

"Y...eah? I mean, my mom did told me to have a guy be in the same place as me, and since Y/N's the only guy i have as a friend, he can't really refuse. But there's also Chaewon so you know that you won't have anything to worry about don't you?" Eunbi reasoned with her as she's dead set on keeping her feelings a secret from Minju.

"I see." Minju replied as she looked back out the view.

"Another thing unnie. There's something that i accidentally overheard about two months ago. I never really talked about it to anyone, but i think i should ask you. Do you mind?"

I have a bad feeling about this. But i don't really have any reason to reject her now do i?

"What's it about?"

"I overheard you and Chaewon-unnie. Something about you confessing to Y/N-oppa. Right on this trip." She said with a smile as Eunbi's face turned grim. How can she be that careless?

"M-Minju-ya. I can-"

"There's no need for explanation unnie. That statement alone has cleared everything. That means you're in love with Y/N-oppa. Not the siblings-like kind, nor the love as a friend kind, but love him as a boy."

Eunbi fell silent as Minju launched the second attack at her making her unable to refute. There's no other way Eunbi can escape from the attack as she stood there defenseless.

"I did have my suspicions unnie. Since just by the way you care for him, doesn't look like the care a friend would give."

Eunbi kept silent as Minju walked towards her.

"Unnie i'm not mad. I just want you to tell me the truth." Minju said as she looked Eunbi in the eye as if feeling guilty of her feelings. This made Eunbi feel even more hurt as she knew that she has to come and spill out the truth to Minju.

"....okay. Minju-ya, i'm sorry i have to tell you this, but i am in love with Y/N." Chaewon who was listening from afar heard what Eunbi had said as she gasped and quickly closed her mouth. Eunbi who happened to hear that certain voice then glanced quickly to the source of the gasp and scanned for anyone who might be overhearing their conversation.

"I see." Minju said. "I guess i should've seen it coming." She walked towards the railing, this time leaning her back against it as she looked down at the wood that's keeping them on top of the water.

"Unnie it's fine. You don't have to feel sorry about it. It's my fault for being too lenient with him. Had i have been more aggressive with him, maybe he could've been in love with me."

The statement Minju spoke out raised confusion within Eunbi as she then asked.

"What do you mean by that?"

"What i mean is, oppa is also in love with you, unnie. Congratulations!" Minju lifted her head up. Eunbi didn't say anything and just kept staring at Minju thinking that she was just joking.

"He can't be, Minju-ya. You're the one who's always been with him."

"Yes. But he also has been always with you as well. What makes you think it isn't possible for him to be in love with you?" Minju said as she flashed a smile towards her. The smile that hides  some form of sadness behind it.

"You know, i gave it a lot of thought from that time until the day we depart. You two fit more to be a couple."

"Ya. Kim Minju. What're you saying?"

"Unnie, it's okay. He's more fitting to be with you unnie. Even i think so myself. I'll clear things through with oppa about everything tonight. You don't have to worry about it." She said as she let go from the railing. Both of her hands are now on her back as she smiled weakly towards Eunbi.

"Well then. Should we start walking again?" Minju asked as she took a headstart. Eunbi who didn't want to be left alone snapped out of it and followed Minju as her mind was still full of the things Minju had said earlier.

Is... is it really okay? No way Minju is really gonna do it, will she? She has to be joking.

Chaewon on the other hand was still covering her mouth as she glanced towards the two who's now quite the distance from her.

I can't believe i feel bad for Minju now.

Chaewon then got up as she patted the dust off of her pants.

I guess this is what happens when two girls fell for the same guy. I really want to root for Minju but.... the guy she's in love is the same as the one Eunbi-unnie fell for. I'm sorry Minju-ya, i hope you can forgive me for this. I'll root your next one! I promise, Minju-ya.

Chaewon declared at heart as she walked back to find the two doing something similar to a photoshoot.

"Your angle is too low! The trees aren't visible enough!" Hyewon ranted to Y/N as he glanced at Chaewon who just came back.

"Chaewon-ah! I'm glad you're here now. Hyewon has been asking me to take her picture, but i can't seem to take the picture as how she wants it to be."

"He sucks!" Hyewon complained to Y/N as he apologized to her while bowing slightly.

I can't believe that the two girls i know actually fell for this guy. I wonder what they see in him.

"You two-timer." Chaewon said lowly as Y/N glanced at her after hearing her mouthing something.

"Did you say something just now?" Y/N asked as Chaewon shook her head.

"Nothing. Here, let me help you with that, Hyewon-unnie."

Time skip

"Okay, now that we're all gathered here, let's go back!" Irene said as she lead the way with the rest of the group following behind. Y/N walked side to side with Minju as Eunbi walked behind them with the others.

"So, did you enjoy it?" He asked the girl as she nodded giving him the brightest smile. Eunbi felt restless as she kept an eye on the two feeling guilty for Minju.

"Did something happen, unnie?" Chaewon asked playing dumb.

"I-It's nothing." Eunbi said as she glanced away.

___________

"Are they enjoying themselves?" A deep voice asked to a guy who's been following them ever since the moment they dropped into the city.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon." An evil smile grew on his face as he replied.

"Keep following them. I'll make sure to tell you to be ready before i move on with my plan. Be patient."

He closed the call as he looked outside to the cloudy sky, seemingly about to rain at any moment.

You won't have a happy life when i'm still around. Kwon Eunbi.