Chapter 46

"Have you thought of what you're gonna say when we meet him?" Minju asked Y/N whose head seemed to be in the clouds, thinking of how soft it’d feel had he fallen into one. Her question broke his focus as he turned to her, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh. Uh… not really. But we'll think of something." He replied.

"Oppa. This is someone from the government we're talking about. We can't waste his time just because we aren't ready. We should talk about it now." Minju snapped him out of his laidback process of thoughts.

"Sorry. Well maybe I'll start by telling him that we knew him because Mrs. Kwon had told us about him before, and that we needed his help."

"His help on making a report for tax fraud." Minju completed his words.

"Yes. That. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"I'm just afraid that your tongue would get twisted due to the thoughts you're having. I know you’re worried sick about Eunbi-unnie’s condition." She teased.

"Relax. Besides, you're here. You could convey what I want to say to him in case it happens."

Time skip

“Excuse me, is there a staff by the name of Han Seonho?” He asked the staff who was typing on his keyboard, as he turned his attention towards them.

“Seonho-ssi? Do you have an appointment with him?”

“We don’t. But could you perhaps tell him that we were sent here by Mrs. Hanna to meet him?”

“I’ll see what I can do. Please wait for a moment.” The clerk picked up the phone as the two stood there, waiting for him to do the job. Not long after he pressed the numbers, he talked for a bit with the person who they assume to be Mr.Seonho. 

“He’ll be here soon.” He said as the two thanked him. Moments later, a man showed up from the corner of their eye as he stared straight at them in a puzzled look. 

"May I help you?" The man asked as he stood facing them, with a piece of document being held by his hand.

"Do you by any chance know the name Kwon Hwanbin?"

"..how do you know that name?" His face was both shocked, and confused as to how he could have asked him for such a question.

"We need your help, Mr. Seonho. Mrs. Hanna told us that you'd be able to help us with the problem we're facing."

"I see. Follow me to the office." He said gesturing to them to follow as they did it. After walking through the seemingly endless hallway, they arrived at a certain door where he placed his key in and opened the door to an office unlike what they had imagined. It was a pretty empty room, only filled with shelves as well as a clock, an ancient one to be precise.

They proceeded to sit across from him as he folded his arms on top of the table before opening the conversation.

"Has she been well? Hanna-ssi, I mean."

"More or less. She looked fine earlier when we met up with her, but I'd be lying if I said that she didn’t seem stressed out."

"I see. What about her daughter?" Both Y/N and Minju looked at each other, before Y/N gave out an answer.

"That's the reason we came here actually."

"Oh. Can you elaborate more?" 

"Yes. It's gonna take a while if i tell you about the whole thing, so i'll make it short. Her daughter, Eunbi, was 'kidnapped' by Mr. Hwanbin when we went on vacation. I didn't know about it at first and thought that she had something coming up. I tried contacting her, but it wouldn't connect at all. I looked for her everywhere and found out that her father made her work at his agency." Y/N took a pause, taking a breather before he continued.

"We knew this because we saw her go inside the agency. We went to ask if we could meet her, but they said that they don't have an employee with the name. We tried twice, but her father came out on our second attempt and said that he didn't want to see us ever again. Or else… he'll do stuff that i don't even want to imagine. But then on that night, One of Mr. Kwon's close henchmen came to us and offered to help, and that is to prove that he's been doing tax fraud for years." Y/N finally stopped. Minju could only stare at him as he told the whole story.

"So much for keeping it short." He said, as Y/N could only let out an awkward laugh as a response. "So you need my help in order to save Eunbi? By slamming him to jail for committing tax fraud?" 

"Yes." Y/N replied shortly as he hoped for the words 'I'll do it' to come out of his mouth. He broke out in cold sweat, feeling nervous as a look of hesitation was drawn on his face.

"We didn't mention this, but we know Eunbi-unnie's father is supposed to be you." Minju broke the silence as his eyes shot open at Minju's sudden words. 

"I guess she must've told you about the past, hasn't she?" The man asked in a low voice.

"Yes. Only her side of the story though. I'm kind of curious about what the story is on your side."

"I assume the story she told you was already enough. I took an interest in her, and things just… happened. I fell in love, for the first time ever since my last relationship before meeting Hanna. I had no idea that she was already married, so i did it."

"It's not your fault, Mr Seonho. Mrs. Kwon could've told you about it before. But she didn't." Minju calmed him down as a slight smile showed up on his face.

"I suppose. We stayed in contact ever since until one day out of nowhere, a group of men in black just took me away. Next thing I knew, I was tied up. I believe she must've told you about this part already." They nodded to his assumptions as he continued.

"After that whole ordeal, i went home and she sent me a message. That was the last time i've heard from her, until now at least. But I must say, I was quite shocked when I heard you said that her name is Eunbi. I thought I must've been mishearing things."

"Uh, is there a problem with her name?"

"Ah, Mr. Seonho. About that, Y/N was overseas when it happened so he has no knowledge of it. It's best to let him hear the story from her side."  Minju quickly slipped in, before Seonho could let a word out. Y/N nodded, agreeing to her. 

"Okay then. Well let's put those stuff aside. Continuing with our main topic, I don't see any reasons why i should reject you." He then opened his desk, taking out a pile of documents as he searched through it.

"Are you sure?" Y/N didn't know how to react. He was happy that he accepted their help, yet hesitant.

"Yeah. Besides, this is the least I can do after I left her to raise Eunbi all by herself. I mean, not that i could even help her back then."

"Thank you, Mr. Seonho." Y/N stood up and bowed to the man, feeling grateful as he told him to stop.

"Don’t mention it. Now, here's what you'll need…"