five. president of the harry potter fan club

-CHAPTER FIVE-
~president of the harry potter fan club~

-CHAPTER FIVE-~president of the harry potter fan club~

DINNER WAS, TO PUT it simply, loud. Once Hermione was finished talking to Lupin, she soon took the seat next to Viola and Tonks, closely followed by Ginny. Harry sat opposite them, beside Sirius, Ron a little further down next to Fred, George and Mundungus.

"Ooh, do the one like a duck!" Hermione said to Tonks. Tonks was a Metamorphmagus, someone with the ability to transform her appearance at will, the explanation for how she would constantly change up her hair colour- she seemed to have taken a liking to the bubblegum pink, though.

Tonks screwed up her face in concentration, and Viola, Hermione and Ginny laughed as her nose elongated and darkened, until it resembled a duck's bill.

"Do that one like a pig snout!" requested Ginny.

Tonks obliged and the three of them cheered as tears began to form in their eyes from laughing too hard.

"Don't tell anyone," said Tonks, leaning in closer to them, "I'm not supposed to do this, but you should see the reactions you get when you change your nose into a snake if someone's hogging up all the space in the office."

Viola could feel the beginnings of a pain in her stomach as she laughed even harder at that. "Have you ever tried to actually impersonate someone?"

"No," said Tonks too quickly.

Ginny noticed, too, and between fits of giggles, said, "You have!"

Tonks shrugged, trying to keep her face straight— but failing— and took a sip of her drink. Then she let her hair turn slowly red, and a second later, another Ginny was staring back at them.

Viola and Hermione entered into another fit of laughter as Tonks changed back. Ginny looked halfway between horrified and amazed.

Throughout the rest of dinner and dessert, Tonks amused them by telling all of her strange Auror stories. If Viola was being honest, she was doing a great job at selling it, and convincing Viola to make a mental reminder to research it when their career meetings were coming up later that year.

The racket in the kitchen dulled down considerably after dessert as most people leaned back in chairs, sipping bottles of Butterbeer. Most eyes were drooping, and yawns were spreading throughout the crowd like dominoes. Viola could feel her own eyes struggling to stay open, one hand on her stomach that was so full it felt like she wouldn't be able to think about food for weeks.

"Nearly time for bed, I think," said Mrs. Weasley, yawning.

"Not just yet, Molly," said Sirius, pushing his plate away and looking at Harry. "You know, I'm surprised at you. I thought the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about Voldemort."

A still, tense feeling settled throughout the kitchen. Viola's own eyes snapped to Sirius.

"I did!" said Harry. "I asked Ron, Hermione and Viola, but they said we're not allowed in the Order, so—"