one. viola jugson's hit list

PART 2
-CHAPTER ONE-
~viola jugson's hit list~

THE JUGSON HOME was cold, just like always, when Viola finally got home

THE JUGSON HOME was cold, just like always, when Viola finally got home. It matched the gloominess she felt inside after the past few days. The guilt of Cedric's death was still fresh in her heart, and the way nothing seemed to be making sense was certainly not helping. All of the newfound information was just sitting there, like a ball of string just waiting to be untangled, but she had no idea where to start, where the end of the string was that would send everything else unravelling.

Especially now that she was with her mother— a person right in front of her holding all the answers she so desperately sought. But after what Dumbledore had told her— "Act as normal as it is possible for you to act"— that was completely out of the question, because no matter how much Viola wanted it to be, asking questions about an unknown William or her parents' history in betraying Lord Voldemort wasn't exactly the normality she was used to.

Her mother was taking part in the act, too, giving Viola the usual bare minimum: a simple "My goodness, Viola, what on Earth have you got in this trunk?" when she went to help Viola bring it up the steps to their front door was the extent of it. Viola held her breath to stop herself from retorting, "Curiosity killed the cat, mother." Truth be told, she just wanted to scream; let everything out and demand answers, but she didn't really feel like being homeless, and it was almost certain she would be kicked out of the house for that kind of behaviour. (She was, after all, the girl who had been forced by her parents to live in the shed for two days after throwing a tantrum when she was eight).

Her father was still at work, she realised as she trudged through the front door, left to heave her trunk up the stairs by herself as her mother went away to the kitchen to prepare herself a cup of tea. She was dreading seeing him, to be honest. After all of his letters this year (and her esssentally ignoring all of them), she had a feeling he wouldn't be keeping quiet about it.

"I hope you've taken your shoes off!" Alexandra shouted as Viola hastily moved her foot to avoid getting her toe crushed by the trunk.

"Yes, mother!" she said back, adding (under her breath), "I've lived here for fifteen years, I know the rules."

When she finally reached the top of the stairs, and quickly stretched her arms before preparing to drag the trunk down to her room, a door opened to her right.

"Aw," Edwin groaned, "I thought you died."

Viola looked wistfully at the long flight of dark wooden stairs she had just climbed. How much more pleasant it would be to throw herself down them than have to listen to Edwin prattling on about stuff she did not care about.