twenty-six. to be seen or not to be seen

-CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX-
~to be seen or not to be seen~

THEY FOUND HARRY and Hermione at the edge of the Forbidden Forest

THEY FOUND HARRY and Hermione at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. The two looked to be in the middle of a heated conversation, judging by the intensity of Hermione's hand movements that only increased with her exasperation. Umbridge was nowhere to be seen, which was saying something — her usual pink attire was always visible from miles away.

Viola kept running with the others until they reached them, only now noticing the new scratches they had attained since leaving the office. Several new scrapes were covering their exposed skin, and Hermione was sporting a bleeding cut along her cheek.

A stitch was beginning to form in Viola's side from the speed at which they ran out of the castle, and her lungs were burning, but the sight of Harry and Hermione pushed her to keep going. Physical comfort could wait. There were more pressing matters to deal with first.

"Anyway, Harry, how exactly were you planning to get all the way to London?" Hermione was saying, out of breath. However they got rid of Umbridge, it must have involved a lot of running.

"Yeah, we were just wondering that," said Ginny, pushing some hair out of her sweaty face.

Harry and Hermione turned around in shock at her voice, mouths gaping in a mirroring expression of bewilderment.

"So," said Ron, holding their wands out to them, "had any ideas?" 

"How did you get away?" asked Harry in amazement, taking his own back.

"A bit of good timing and some helpful Slytherins," said Viola.

Harry looked at her then. "Are you okay?"

She knew he was probably speaking to all of them, but the intensity with which he was looking at her must have counted for something. Of course it did, it was Harry. Viola wasn't sure if she would ever get used to someone caring for her. It was odd, a new experience she wouldn't have had since the age of ten, if even before then.

"Me? You're the one who looks —" Her eyes caught a glimpse of his sleeve, soaked in dark liquid. "Whose blood is that?" she asked weakly.

"Long story. But I still don't understand how you managed to get out of —"

"That's because she left out the part where she shoved Goyle out of the way and Stunned him after Parkinson got distracted," Ron explained.

Viola shrugged, not allowing herself to get caught up in their impressed looks, or even more surprisingly, Ron's praise. She was just happy that it looked a lot cooler than it had felt. "Doesn't matter. How did you two get away from Umbridge?"

"She got carried away," said Harry. "By a herd of centaurs." 

Well, thought Viola, that was one way to get rid of her.