twenty-two. exploding snap loser

-CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO-
~exploding snap loser~

THE HOSPITAL WING was crowded when Viola got there

THE HOSPITAL WING was crowded when Viola got there. And with Harry already being asleep in one of the beds, all of the attention was shifted to her upon arrival.

Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron, Hermione, and Sirius, still in his dog form, were all seated around his bed, talking in hushed voices that immediately ceased when her presence was noticed.

"I will ask you all to let Viola rest, just as you have with Harry. They have both been through terrible ordeals tonight, and have already been asked to relive it," he told them, and then said to Viola, "Madam Pomfrey will be with you shortly."

"Thank you," she said quietly, and he left.

Viola was glad that Dumbledore had told them to not ask her any questions. She wasn't sure if she could handle going through all of that again.

"Come, Viola," said Mrs. Weasley quietly, bustling over to her and taking her arm, gently guiding her to a bed on the other side of Harry's. "Let's get you into bed now... that's right, you'll get to have a nice long sleep now..."

Almost immediately after Viola got under the covers of the bed, Madam Pomfrey came out with a small bottle of purple potion and a goblet.

"You'll need to drink all of this," she told Viola. "A potion for dreamless sleep."

Viola didn't waste any time in taking the goblet from Madam Pomfrey and gulping the potion down as quickly as she could. Immediately, she could feel her eyes beginning to doop, her body becoming engulfed in a comfortable warmth, and the mattress beneath her was getting more squishy by the second, and finally, she was mercifully enveloped in sleep.

~•~

Viola wavered in and out of sleep, zoning in on consciousness for a few seconds. She would feebly catch a couple of words being thrown around as though with a net, before a few seconds of trying to keep them there, they escaped back out through the holes and were lost on her.

When she woke up, however, she was quick to gather that there had been some unpleasant words tossed about in the waves, and was quick to try and get Hermione's attention to secretly ask her what had happened. It was proving quite a difficult feat, though, with Madam Pomfrey bustling over her, and Mrs. Weasley's constant checkups (which she appreacited, but still!).

It wasn't until her and Harry were finally released from the hospital wing did Viola finally get the chance.

"I need to go to the bathroom," she announced to the group, stretching out her limbs— she had been sleeping for longer than she thought, and now they were stiff. "And so does Hermione."