one. bartholomew and alexandra jugson

-CHAPTER ONE-
~bartholomew and alexandra jugson~

HAVING DEATH EATER PARENTS does not make you popular

HAVING DEATH EATER PARENTS does not make you popular. That was one of the first things Viola Jugson learned upon reaching Hogwarts.

She was lucky enough that the name Jugson wasn't a very well-known one in the wizarding world, but those who had grown up with magical relatives faintly recognised the name, not easily forgetting about those who had served the Dark Lord during his reign of terror.

The second thing she learned was that landing yourself in Gryffindor while having Death Eater parents was not something that that they would congratulate you for. In fact, it led to many arguments and rows. Well, at least it did in Viola's case.

The third thing she learned was that it was hard to avoid having to talk to others about your family life, especially in first year, when everyone is just trying to find some way to start a conversation with a fellow peer. To spark up a conversation in the hope that it would lead to a friendship, so that you wouldn't have to sit alone in class or at breakfast every morning.

So, essentially, Viola Jugson was a bit of a loner. First year had been okay since everyone was new, but as friendships began to form and develop, it became harder.

Sure, there were some people she could talk to. Hermione Granger would often say, "Good morning," and even help her if there was some part of her homework she couldn't understand.

Sure, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil weren't mean to her, but their conversations were limited to "Hello," and "Do you know what the homework for this class is?"

And okay, yeah, Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan would often start a conversation with her if they were all in the common room and her and Neville Longbottom would sometimes have a small conversation at lunch or dinner and sure, sitting beside Ron Weasley in Transfiguration resulted in a few jokes shared between the two.

But even though she acted like it didn't bother her, Viola hated it. There was no one there to be happy with her when she had good news, to comfort her when she had bad news. No one to stay up late talking to or try to dash to a seat beside during class so that they could sit together. No one special who didn't only spark up a conversation when the awkward silence got too awkward.

She had been surprised to find that Harry Potter didn't immediately hate her upon hearing her last name. Of course at first it was probably because he had grown up knowing nothing about the wizarding world, but after a few years there was no doubt that he had heard about her parents, but he didn't ever start acting cold towards her, though they never had many conversations either.