Chapter Twenty: Details And Wine

"I had a really good time with you tonight Kane, thank you for taking me out tonight," I said to Kane as he was walking me up the sidewalk towards Andy and Brexley's front door. 

"I had a really good time as well. Would you be willing to possibly do it again sometime?"

"Yes absolutely. You have my number; Also are you still up to going to breakfast in the morning with my parents before we leave out of here?"

"Yes absolutely, darlin. You just text me the time and address, I'll have my brother bring me by in the rental car," 

"Great, I will see you tomorrow then, get some sleep hun," I responded kissing his cheek. 

"Goodnight Blue," 

"Night, Kane." With that we parted, and I went inside the house only to find not only Andy and Brex, but Kale and Mason too. 

"I will give you details about my date once I change into something more comfy, is that okay?"

"Hurry up!" Andy said, giving me a small giggle. I smile and hurry to the guest room, then quickly rummage through my bag, looking for some leggings and a T-shirt. 

Once I found what I wanted to wear, I change, and place my borrowed outfit on the top of the dresser; 

"Blue!" I heard someone calling my name. 

"I'm coming!" I replied quickly leaving the guest room, and making my way to the living room. 

"Okay so first off I just wanna say, I'm so happy that you went out on a date again, it's good to see you finally truly move on." Andy said, giving me a genuine smile.

"Thank you, now the date was really great, but I need a glass of wine before I continue," 

"Already poured, here you go," Mason chimed in handing me a glass of red wine. 

"Alright, so where did he take you?" Kale asked, getting impatient. 

"He took me to Connors Steak and Seafood,"

"The five star steakhouse?!" 

"Yes," 

"Ooo, girrrl," 

"Anyways, the food was amazing, the environment was gorgeous; And we talked about so much stuff tonight. He even learned a little backstory about my first love; And I've never talked about that with anyone else. He was so passionate, caring, he had a genuine thing about him; He was just so sweet, he was so open about his life, his passions, dreams, career, everything, and we have breakfast with my parents in the morning,"

"That's awesome; How do you feel about it anyways?" Brexley asked, her eyes full of curiosity, "About your parents meeting Kane?"

"Well my parents gave me their word that they will treat Kane as strictly just my friend until I say he's something more than that; So therefore it's just a friend meeting my parents, and having breakfast together, I don't see the problem with it;" 

"I'm happy to hear that," 

"We even re-confirmed it for a second time before the date ended, so that was reassuring; I just hope that he shows and doesn't get scared off, I think he's adorable; He's such a sweet, genuine guy and I think that maybe we could get something good out of this," 

"I hope that you do, and I can't wait to meet him; What did you learn about him tonight?" Mason chimed in.

"I learned a lot about him, he's a ranch-hand in Nashville, he makes music as kind of a hobby, his friend has a recording studio, because this buddy of his is an upcoming music artist. He has one daughter, and an ex-wife. He says that him and his ex are close because of their daughter; Which I don't mind as long as he isn't involved with both of us at the same time,"

"Is the daughter something you're okay with?" 

"If I want him I have to accept her too, and plus I love kids, so yes it is something that I am okay with,"

"How do you think the ex-wife will feel about all of this?" Kale asked.

"We won't be coming out about it tomorrow silly. It's going to take time to see where things will go first. I don't want to meet his daughter until things are really serious between us, I don't want to be introduced then get attached, then something go south between us, because that will not only hurt me, it'll hurt him and her too, and all of that is a really big step in a relationship, which we're not even in yet. It was just so far one date," I responded to Kale, then drank the rest of my wine. 

"Well as long as you're happy, then we're happy as well. Now tell us about what's going on in your life at work and what not?" Brexley asked.

"Work is great, I'm working on a side job that my boss is helping me with, and has been since high school; The side job is a novel that I've been writing for a long time. My boss Analise and I met at a college fair my Junior year during my tour at Nashville. That's why I've been working for her since then, and she promised me that she'd help me become a published author because that's one of my biggest dreams as well as being a successful backwoods journalist,"

"That's fantastic! So happy for you!" 

"Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. My novel is getting halfway to being done. However, I've still got quite awhile to go there's still a lot of work to be done," 

"That's awesome though, well ladies hate to bolt but it's getting late and we have some errands to run tomorrow that require being up early. So Mason and I should probably get going. I'm glad that you had a good time on your date, Blue I hope that you get something good out of this and I wish you luck on your novel and future articles. We love you," Kale said, getting up Mason following. 

We all hug the boys then they get out of here so the girls and I just talk a little bit longer, drink some more wine, watch some TV, then we decide to call it a night. 

"Goodnight, Blue." 

"Goodnight, girls." 

"Love you! Sweet dreams!" 

"Love you girls too, sweet dreams," And with that the three of us parted ways going to our beds and finally turning in.