Chapter Twenty-One: Breakfast With Parents

The next morning I am awoken by my alarm going off; Causing me to jump out of my sleep.Once I turn the alarm off, I begin to get a little sad. Today is the day I'm supposed to be going home and leave all my friends back here. I'm doing great with where I'm at in life, but I tend to get sad from time to time; I love my family, I love my friends, and I love my home but now playtime is over and I have to go back home to get back to doing what I was doing with my life.I groan not wanting to get out of the bed, but I knew I needed to because I had to meet my parents for breakfast this morning. After laying in the bed for awhile, I decided to get my ass up so that I could start packing whatever little bit of belongings I had.

"Good morning, Blue!" Andy shrieked excitedly. I chuckled at my best friend's enthusiasm that poured out of her. She was such a morning person, and always has been for as long as I could remember.

"Good morning, ladies; So as you know I am going home today, but I also have breakfast with my parents this morning and then after that I will be heading straight back to Nashville. I would love if you could possibly come back up within a couple of weeks, see my place and stay a weekend with me so we can spend some more time together?"

"Yes, that would be great! We'll check our schedules and consult with you, are you heading out now to meet with your parents?" Brexley chimed in.

"Yeah, I gotta get going here pretty quick;"

"Okay boo, text me when you make it back to Nashville please," Andy said giving me a tight goodbye hug.

"I promise I will," With that I parted ways with the girls, and took my luggage out to my car. I quickly got into my car, and texted my parents letting them know I was headed to the cafe. Then I texted Kane where to meet us; Then started my car allowing it to roar to life.

I pulled away from Andy and Brexley's house and made my way to the cafe. During the drive I got a text from Kane saying he was about to head to the cafe as well, but I didn't reply back while I was driving.

After my short thirty minute drive I finally arrive to the cafe where my parents are sitting at a booth in front of the window. They began smiling at me when they see me get out of the car, so I smile and wave at them, lock my car and then go inside the cafe. When I meet up with them at the booth, I am greeted by my dad standing up and hugging me.

"Hey honey, I'll move over here next to your mom, so you and your friend can sit together,"

"Sounds good, dad," I said smiling at him.

"When is your friend supposed to be here?" My mom asked.

"I'm not for sure, he texted me on the way here and said that he would be here soon, so I assume he shouldn't be too long,"

"Alright honey, we will just go ahead and order drinks, we can wait to order food til your friend gets here," Mom replied.

"Yeah, that sounds good,"

Once we ordered our drinks, we got lost in conversation talking about everything we could think of. Fourty five minutes passed, but there was still no sign of Kane. I decided to text him to make sure that he was okay, because I started getting a feeling that I wasn't able to shake; And it wasn't a good feeling at all. I texted him asking if he was okay, and what his location was because I was worried. I watched the blue bubble send, reading 'DELIVERED' I then waited for a changed, and as fast as it said delivered it said 'Read at 10:15am' The typing bubbles then popped up on my screen quickly after that. Then they disappeared, as fast as they arrived. I waited for a few minutes to see if he was going to respond back to me, but he never did.

"Okay guys, I just texted Kane but he left me on seen, so I guess we should just order our food, and if he shows up then he can order something."

"Oh honey, I'm sorry, are you okay?" Mom asked me, grabbing my hand from across the table.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm a little upset because this feels alot like him flaking; And I was really starting to like this guy. He took me out on a date last night, but now I'm not so sure how or what to feel."

"It's going to be okay. Maybe it's a sign from God that you need to take; Kane may not be very good for you at all. So be careful sweetie,"

My mom was right. So I decided that I should take it as a sign to tread carefully with Kane, if things go anywhere after this. We all agreed to order our food because we were starving and Kane was late.

Before too long our food arrived at the table, so we dug in like a pack of hungry wolves, just more classy. About thirty minutes later, my parents decided to split because they had errands they needed to run, and I decided it would be a good idea to probably try texting again, so we could get back on the road to Nashville.

Hey, I'm finished with breakfast. My parents just left, and I'm ready to head out myself. I hope everything is okay with you and your brother.Go ahead and go on home. I'm staying a few days longer, my brother really needs me. Talk soon.Okay, I hope everything gets better. 

I pressed send but the blue message, was now a green message bubble. That means he blocked my number. What the hell?! I really then took that as a sign that my mom was truly right, so I got my leftover breakfast, and took off in my car home bound.

Kane and I were done with whatever it was that we had, just as fast as it all began; And maybe that was the biggest sign of all that I wasn't ready to be with someone new yet. I just needed to continue focusing on myself, God would let me know when it was time to meet someone, so I just slapped a smile on my face, relieved God got rid of him, before he could hurt me for real.

~Skip Drive~

Hours later I am arriving back home in Nashville to my beautiful home. I decide that maybe I should start drowning myself in work, because I had a deadline, and I wanted to make sure that my article was up to Analise's standards.

I pulled out my phone and checked my email, only to find the email I was expecting. It was from Analise, but this time it wasn't about any type of editing! She literally loved my article and said it didn't need any revisions which put a big smile on my face. I was happy to know that she loved my piece, so I emailed her back asking if she had any more stories or jobs for me.