Chapter Nine: Surprise Visit Home

"Okay where do I need to drop you off at? I have a surprise visit to make to my parents and no I'm not letting you meet them, we haven't even had a date yet," 

"Aren't I meeting your friends?" 

"Oh sweetie, not that easy. We just met, it's not time for that yet,"

"I guess I'll just have to take you on a date after we get back then won't I?"

"I'll think about it, now where am I taking you?" I asked him, getting slightly annoyed that he was dodging my question.

"To the front of the college. I texted my brother on the way here, he's going to meet us there,"

"That's all I needed to know," I replied, driving us towards the college entrance. A short fifteen minute drive later we pulled up to the entrance of the college where a younger version of Kane stood, dressed exactly the way Kane described he would be. 

Atleast I know he wasn't lying about his brother being here, so that's a plus side. Kane says bye and thank you to me quickly, then jumps out of my car, taking off and greeting his brother. I watch for a moment, then speed off to get to my business arrangements. 

I decided that it would be a good idea to call Andy, so I do just that through the bluetooth on my car. 

"Siri, call Andy," 

"Hey, where are you?" 

"I just dropped Kane off to his brother, I am going to drop by my parents house real fast, then I'll be on my way to you, okay?" 

"Alright, Be safe and have fun. Text me if you decide to stay the night there. Love you!" 

"Will do, I love you too!" With that she hangs up the phone, leaving me to drive towards my parents, making a surprise visit to them. I'm a little nervous to say the least. When I left for Nashville which was only two hours away, they never actually made the effort to come visit me. 

That was always on me to do. I had a rocky relationship with my parents after leaving home for school, mainly because I took a job they didn't exactly always approve of, but I succeeded and I haven't heard much from them. They maybe call me once a month and I haven't been home in awhile. 

Like I said before, a visit is definitely long overdue, and a surprise visit is in the works right now. Soon I am reaching the driveway of the house I grew up at my whole life. A weird feeling of happiness rises in the pit of my stomach, making the smile reappear on my face from earlier. 

I pulled up in my old parking spot where I used to park my car after a long day in high school. I eagerly put my car in park, shutting the engine off, I get out of my car and rush inside the house. 

"Mom, dad! I'm home!" I hollered through my childhood home, getting a very unexpected surprise. 

"Blue, wow. What a very pleasant surprise, it's been a couple years since you've been back home, glad to see you back," My mom said hugging me tightly. 

"Blue, I'm happy to see you home angel," 

"Hey, dad." 

"What are you doing home, unannounced. You always call us, how long are you in town?" 

"I here for a few days for now. I had a huge project last night, the country music festival happened last night, and I was the lead reporter on the article. I sent it to my boss for the go ahead to send it to my editors, and I wanted to come visit you guys to keep my mind off of it, Andy also came to Nashville and convinced me to come visit home and I figured it was a good idea because this visit has been long overdue. I haven't been home since the breakup with Harrison, so yeah her and Kale convinced me to come home, and I guess Kale's engaged so he wanted me to meet his fiance Mason, and get my approval, so I wanted to do that for him, he needed that from me, and I wanted to, I came back home by choice plus I met someone recently myself so I've moved on too." 

"Oh honey, that's so great. What's his or her name?" My dad asked. 

"What?" 

"We're not stupid child, we've known since you were born that you were bisexual, so tell us who's the lucky person," 

"His name is Kane, I don't know much about him yet, I just know he's a cute guy from Chattanooga, he moved to Nashville to get a fresh start, he works on a ranch as a ranch hand, sings part time it's more of a hobby, he actually came down here to Knoxville with me because his little brother lives here; He's going to college here, and their parents divorced, and it's been pretty tough on Kaizer, and Kane's worried that things are worse than they are being portrayed so he wanted a closer look for himself before it was too late, so out of the kindness of my heart, I brought him down here. I met Kaizer too, sort of, and by the looks of it he might be on the wrong path, but looks can be deceiving, and I don't judge a book by it's cover so I'll let Kane do the investigating on his own family whilst I deal with my own arrangements as previously planned;" 

"Well, that sounds interesting. So tell us more about this project that you've been working on. What has you so worked up about it, kiddo?" 

"It has me so worked up because my boss told me that it could be a really big thing for my career. She wanted me specifically to take this story because on the side I've been working on a novel; Stay with me here. My boss and I are closer than some people actually know; I met her when I was in high school, she was at one of the college fair things, when I had gone on college tours my junior year. She asked me what I aspired to be, I told her a published author, she said she could make that happen, we began communicating after that. For years we worked together, and I worked on my novel; I'm actually getting close to being finished with this one, and starting my second one. Anyways, she wanted me to put my name out there with this big article so big name publishers would see it, and reach out to me. She's also a big name, and once they see that she represents me, they'll also want to represent me, which will also want to bring me agents too," 

"That's a really big accomplishment, Blue. We're so proud of you honey," Mom said smiling widely at me. 

"Let's not get too excited yet, I haven't even published the article yet guys," 

"Okay but still,"