Chapter Three: Festival Time

"Enjoy your food Ma'am!" The girl at the concession stands exclaimed with joy as she handed me my food. I smiled at her sweetness. 

"Thank you, Darlin! You have a wonderful day!" I replied stepping away, and walked back to my chair where there sat a very beautiful man in about his twenties. I stopped in my tracks wondering about who was sitting in the chair next to mine. Was that the guy who had asked me if the spot was taken next to mine? Was that the kind voice? 

I made my way to my chair with my food careful not to stare at the guy next to me. 

"Good choice of food you have there beautiful," He said with a thick drawl. I looked up next to me to see him staring and smiling. I chuckled a little at him. 

"Wasn't my first choice, but it'll have to do." 

"What was your first choice?" 

"Definitely the cheeseburger, but they were out, so this was going to have to do." I said. 

"So you're a girl that likes to eat,"

"I definitely am," 

"Names Kane," 

"I'm Blue," 

"Hello, Blue, It's nice to meet you,"

"It's nice to meet you as well, Kane. Tell me where are you from?"

"I'm from Chattanooga, and you?"

"Knoxville." 

"What do you do for a living?" 

Before I got a chance to answer his question, the hype-man came out on stage to begin the stage. 

"Welcome everyone to The Country Music Festival everyone! Let's give a huge warm welcome to all of our big name guests this evening that came out to make this big event happen!" He said making the crowd roar. The energy is amazing. 

"Let's give a huge warm welcome to our opener tonight, David Lee Murphy!" 

"WHOO!" The crowd roaring in happiness. 

"He's a really good artist, you know. I really like this guy!" Kane said as David Lee Murphy was walking out onto the stage. 

"I couldn't agree more." I replied.

"So tell me again, Blue. What is that you do for a living?" 

"I'm an aspiring journalist," I replied back. 

"Interesting career, are you in school for it or?" 

"No, I already graduated all of that. I've already made my career out of it," 

"Oh so you work for a magazine already?" 

"Yeah, something like that," 

"That's really cool," 

"Yeah, so what do you do, Kane?" 

"I sing, and I'm a ranch hand for now," 

"So you're an honest man, that does an honest mans work, now there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all," 

Before too long Kane stopped talking to me for awhile and focused himself on the show, which didn't bother me too much, because I wanted to get a good look at the crowd, and the performance of the artist himself so that I could get some notes. 

I pulled out my notebook taking a few notes on this performance before I slipped my notepad back in it's bag, awaiting the next artist only to do the same thing for the next performances to come. 

I wanted to capture the energy for each performance, because I knew that it was going to be electric, and amazing for every artist on that stage that was set to sing. Every word that was going to fall out of the lips of every person who was about to stand before us on that stage was going to stick in the vessel of every person standing or sitting on the grass of these very grounds tonight, including myself, and I wanted every soul that read my article in a months time, to feel that very energy that we did here tonight. 

That is the sole purpose of this story, and the sole reason of me being here tonight, but somehow, God knew that I was going to find so much more than just that tonight, but little did I know, it was going to be one hell of a roller coaster.