Chapter Eighteen: Getting Ready

"Okay so this is your first date in a very long time, and I just want you to look amazing; Brexley is really good at doing hair, in styles that I can't, and I can do your make-up. You want to 'WOW' this guy, you need something in your life that isn't only work, no offense. I love you, but let's face it here;" 

"Okay, okay; I get your drift, I'll let you guys help me, but I didn't bring anything dinner date specific, it was more dates at home with family;" 

"We got you covered on that end too; Let's go to our room, you can look in the closet. Take anything you'd like to try on, and try it on; You're welcome to it, always." Brexley chimed in, making me smile. 

"Well show me the way, ladies. What's stopping you?"

"Right let's go then, come on." They pulled me into their bedroom, opening their closet doors, showing me a bigger closet than I have seen in a long time. 

"Wow, you guys have a huge closet, and a lot of clothes. I don't know what I would even wear on this date, there's so many options. Girls, I need your help please?" 

"Thought you'd never ask. Right, let's look in this section here, it's more you and you'll love it, I promise;"

"I trust you, so let's take a look then," I responded eager to look through the wardrobe they had. 

"I think one of these dresses with look fantastic on you!" Brexley exclaims, pulling a couple of dresses off the rack in the closet. I take the dresses and walk to the bathroom to try them on.

I slip on a blue and black dress, with one strap across the left shoulder. I took a look at myself in the mirror, but something just wasn't right for me about this dress, so I took it off and tried on another one that I was given. 

It was a beautiful black and white dress, with long sleeves. I smile at how I looked in it, and decided that was the dress I wanted. I would wear my cowgirl boots with it, and a black hat to match. 

"Ladies, I have found the perfect dress!" I exclaimed, stepping out of the bathroom to show my friends the outfit I wanted to borrow. 

"That dress looks perfect on you. I'm glad that you like it," Andy said smiling widely at me. 

"Thank you for letting me borrow this dress. Do you happen to have a black hat I could borrow?" 

"You mean this hat?" Brexley chimed in, holding up the perfect black hat. "It came with that dress. Boots came with it too, but it was black leather ones," 

"I'm going to wear my own boots, my cowgirl boots to give it a spin," 

"That would look perfect!" They both replied in sync, causing us all to giggle. 

"Well I need to do something with my straight boring hair. Also some make-up to match," 

"We will take perfect care of you! Come sit, let's begin." 

I proceed to sit at the vanity that sat in their large bedroom, ready for whatever it is that they were going to do.

"What kind of hairstyle would you like? I'll give you five minutes to make a decision, if you don't have one, I choose for you and hope that you like it. I have a 100 percent success rate with hair thus far, I'm sure you won't be disappointed," Brexley said out of the blue while brushing my hair. 

"You go ahead and pick. I'll make it super easy for you, because clearly you're the professional here and I trust you;" 

"I appreciate that, Blue. I promise you'll love it,"

"I believe that I will," I replied allowing her to take over my hair. Andy then proceeded to step in front of me with a pallet of eye-shadow. 

"You're my best friend, I know you plenty well enough to know what make-up suits you the best," 

"So I don't get a choice, you don't let anyone make a request?" 

"Everyone but you. I know you Blue trust me," 

"Okay, go for it; I trust you here as well, I always will," 

With that both of the girls went to work teaming up to talk about my hair and make-up, only to drool over the fact that I was actually going on a date with someone that wasn't my ex.

"All I'm saying is that Kane better treat you good, and keep you happy," Andy said, while doing my make-up. 

"Kane seems alright, but I haven't spent much time with him. I told my parents the entire story about him, and they invited him to breakfast in the morning with us before we leave back to Nashville,"

"That's really huge, so I take it they reacted well?" 

"For the most part yeah. They seemed happy about it, and they said they would treat him like any other friend of mine right now, until I tell them anything otherwise." 

"That's awesome Blue. I'm even super happy for you!" 

"Thank you girls, that makes me happy to hear," 

"I'm really glad that you've potentially found someone that makes you happy, but we want to hear the details over some wine after the date. I gotta know, you know me," 

"Yes, absolutely, you already know that I'll spill some things. Not everything, just depends on what happens," 

"Alright hurry we're getting low on time babe, it's almost time for Kane to be here!" Andy exclaimed, pulling me up from the chair and turning me around to look at myself. 

I stop and stare at myself, seeing someone I wasn't used to seeing. My heart beats loudly in my ears, looking at a beautiful woman in the mirror. Someone I didn't think was beautiful, until tonight. 

"I think Kane's here!" Brexley shouted, pulling me from my trance and taking off towards the door. 

"You okay?" Andy asked me, touching my shoulder with a gentle pressure. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous right now, I haven't been on a date in awhile, and if Kane does become more than just a friend to me in the future he'd only be my second everything; Plus I've been single for so long, that I'm not used to having a boyfriend at the moment; Or even a male around on this level, if we're gonna get honest here,"

"Blue, there's someone at the door for you!" Brexley hollered through the house. 

"We can talk more later, lets get you out there,"

"Yes, lets do that," I replied walking with Andy towards the front door not sure what to expect at the end of the hallway.