Chapter Four: Interviewing Artists

Once the festival had started to slowly come to an end I had to slowly get my things ready to get to the backstage area so that I could get ready to interview some of the artists for the article that I was writing. Which meant I had to say my goodbyes to Kane. 

"Well Kane, it was so good to meet you, I had such an amazing time, you're such a sweet guy." 

"Wait, you're leaving?"

"I actually have a backstage pass, I get to go meet some of the artists," I said getting my things together. 

"Here take this," He said handing me a small piece of paper. "I look forward to hearing from you," 

"Yeah sure of course," I smiled and walked away quickly towards the backstage area where I was met by two guards. 

"Evening Miss, can we help you?" 

"I'm Blue Ivy, I have the Press Pass," I said flashing my pass quickly. 

"Follow me," One of them quickly responded, turning around so I followed him to a room. 

"This is where you will interview the artists," 

"Thank you," I replied. I stepped into the room, and quickly get my things out to get them set up. 

While I waited for someone to come into the room, I pulled out my phone so that I could start scrolling through Twitter to see if there was anything interesting about the festival tonight. 

"Hello, is this the room for the interview with the press?" I heard someone ask entering the room. I looked up seeing a middle aged man in a nice set of clothes. 

"Yes, it is. Who are you?" 

"Aaron Keiser, You are?"

"Blue Ilene Ivy,"

"Are you ready for your first guest Ms. Ivy?" 

"Yes, I'm ready whenever my guest is," I replied. Aaron then proceeded to walk out, only to be replaced by a six-foot southern country music artist. 

"Howdy, young lady. How are you?" 

"Hello, I'm great how are you?" I asked, as he slowly made his way to sit down wherever he chose to get comfortable. 

"I'm well thanks for asking," He responded sitting down on the chair across from me. 

"So I'm not going to sit here and ask you all of those cliche questions that most press journalists usually ask you, but I'll be straight with you here though, I definitely had to think hard about these questions though," 

"Please ask away, and maybe waste my time a little, because I could use the few minute escape." He said. 

"Yes of course," 'Ahem' Clearing my throat, and swallowing my saliva, trying to lubricate the dryness of it. "From deep down, what is the biggest reason you started to do music?"

"I know you want me to say my biggest reason is what most people start making music for, their love for it, their talent for it, the fame and money, but no, no it's not like that at all. I started making music, because it's my passion, the way I feel when I'm writing a song, or singing one, I get this feeling that I can't explain to people. Music is like my own personal drug, without actually having to take any drugs, and that's what I like the most about it, of course the money, the fame, and my love for it are big parts in that, but not in the way you think, not with me." 

"Good answer, next question, who is the biggest influence in your life, that made you push yourself to get where you are today?"

"Myself. God's honest truth my biggest motivation was pushing myself so hard to make a life for me, and my future family. I did that without it being handed to me on a silver platter. I worked my ass off to get where I am today, and I'm proud, but I'm going to give you some advice to put in your article, 'At the end of the day, people are going to turn their backs on you, hurt you, throw dirt on your name, reject you, and betray you, but every night when your head hits that pillow, you want to know who has your back? Yourself. Always.' I didn't need anyone to help me get here, I just needed me. The two people that supported me the most were my parents, and to this day I love them very much, and they're so proud of me, but now I have my wife and daughter. My daughter is my biggest motivation now. I want to give her the things in life I couldn't have or didn't have, and when I did I worked for those things, I want her to have morals but at the same time, still have the things she deserves." 

"Wow, that's beautiful, and something I never knew, even as a big fan of yours." 

"That's because you are the first reporter that's asked me those questions, but on a different spectrum, making me have to dig deep, you didn't just ask me a question expecting a one sentence answer like most. You ask a question a different way, you'll get the same answer on a deeper level, You know Miss Blue Ivy, I like you. You've got heart and soul, I see the potential in you, I wish you luck on your article and I look forward to seeing your name in the tabloids somewhere," He said standing up, and exiting the room leaving me with more questions to ask, but no artist to answer them anymore.