Chapter Twenty:Two: Forgiveness Please?

"Are you sure this is something that you want to write about, Blue? If you're not comfortable, I understand, I can give you something else?" Analise said to me. We were talking about the new job she was giving me, but it included trying to find a new upcoming artist on my own to write about. 

"So basically in lack of better explanation, I just have to find a new upcoming artist that has a decent career potential, interview them, write my article and send it in. That doesn't sound hard, or uncomfortable. I mean finding that person is challenging, but that's what the internet is for; Plus, who doesn't like a challenge, right?" I replied completely up to the task. 

I knew Kane was an artist, but he blocked me a week ago. Yes, a week ago.

I've been back home for a week now, still wondering why Kane would just randomly block me like that? I tried not to think on it too much, because I felt that it was a sign I needed to take honestly. I decided to head to my office, and started taking some notes about everything I was going to need for my next big job. My career could possibly be hanging in the balance if I don't pull this off correctly. 

I began writing out everything that was needed for this story, but the biggest key to my story was missing; The artist I needed. I really hate that Kane did this to me. The only thing that I could possibly think of is that maybe he was with someone already and was being stupid. 

The only thing that I can think of now is that I needed to move on, and start searching the web a little bit. I opened my laptop, and began searching the internet for someone in which I felt could be a great fit as my missing puzzle piece. 

After about four hours of searching, I still came up empty-handed. However, I did send some messages, and emails out to some connections of mine that might be able to help me find someone, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them at the moment. 

"Hey, Blue. I have been looking around to see if I could maybe get in touch with someone, who could help you with your story, and I did find a list of some people. I emailed you the list of names, and numbers that I was able to find; I wouldn't send you out completely by yourself on this story. You pick a potential subject on your story and you write that amazing article. You have six months, and remember; Your career is on the line with this story, If you can't pull it off nobody can." Analise said walking into my office as I was writing some things down. 

"Thank you, Analise I appreciate your help. You're a great boss you know. I will pull this off one way or another, even if it kills me." 

"That's the spirit I love to see, good luck Blue. I will be in touch on your progress," Then she was gone. I decided to check my email because thanks to Ana I got some assistance. While I was signing into my email, my phone chimed signaling me that I got a text message from someone. So I checked it, not expecting to see the message I did.

It's Kane, I got a new number. My phone went completely ballistic and blocked like eight people. You, and my brother being two of those eight. Lol. 

Kane..Who?

Blue, seriously. I know that it's you. I know you're working so I will leave you be but I really want to talk about everything, I'd apologize in this message but that's not how real men do it, so I will be by your office in thirty-minutes, to give my proper apology. 

I left him on read at that point. I didn't want to forget Kane, and I didn't want to forgive him either. It was hurtful what he did, because I thought he was a nice guy. I just scoffed at the message Kane sent me, writing him off. 

He wasn't really going to show up here at my office. They wouldn't let him in, nor does he even know where my office is located, so I'm really not that worried. Kane was up against quite a few odds, he doesn't stand a chance with me. I bet you that was some fake story he came up with to get me to fall into his arms again, but I wasn't buying it. 

I shook the thoughts away from my mind, and began re-focusing myself on my job that I was trying to begin. I started scrolling the list of the potential subjects of whom I could base my article about. While I had been getting pretty into what I was doing, a knock on my office door interrupted me. 

"Come in!" The door opened revealing Analise's assistant Anabelle. 

"Hey you have a visitor, I'll leave you be," 

"Thank you, Anabelle," She then stepped away, allowing my visitor to come in. That's when Kane walked through my door with a small gift bag, gift box, and bouquet of Roses. 

"Kane." 

"I told you I was coming by. I meant every word I said to you. I really do like you, and I want to take you out for a second date if you would let me. I'm really sorry, Blue. I didn't block you I swear, but I was going through a really rough time. My brother started having a mental breakdown the day we were supposed to leave Knoxville. I made him come back here to live with me because our parents' divorce is taking a really huge toll on him and I'm seriously worried. Anyways, then he threw my phone at the wall, knocking something crazy because it started going wild instantly. I didn't realize that it blocked people, until I took it into get looked at, and the repair guy said I needed to get a new one before they could do anything for my current one-

"Anyways, so then I bought a new phone, went back to the repair guy and he was going through my contacts so that we could transfer everything from my screwed phone to my new one. He proceeded to ask me if I wanted to recover my blocked contacts too. I asked him what he meant by that, and he said I had eight blocked contacts. My mother, my brother, you, my best friend, my adopted sister, and a few other people were all on that list. I wouldn't lie to you. I like you, and I want to get to know you better," Kane said finishing up his apology story. 

I knew that I was going to feel really stupid for the answer I gave him next but I liked him too, and I wanted to know him, so I did the only thing that any kind hearted girl would do. 

"Okay, fine. Apology accepted. You have one more shot at this, so make it big, make it worthwhile, and for the love of the man upstairs, Please make it count, Kane. I don't want to look stupid, so don't make me look stupid. I'll tell you right now, if you make me look like a fool in any way, shape, or form I promise I will make sure you look like the monster you could easily be. Got that?" 

"You're honest. I like that a lot. Yes, I got it, and yes I completely understand it. I won't make you look stupid I promise," 

"Don't make that promise to me just yet, we're still in the casual going on dates stage sweetie, anything can happen." I replied.