Chapter Sixty Seven

~"Do I love him?"~

October 6th, 1995

"Hey Draco." I said with a huge smile on my face running up to him giving him a big hug.

"Hey Alyssa, someone's in a good mood." He released from the hug.

We were standing in the middle of the hall, it was Sunday.

"That's because I am." I laughed.

"Why exactly?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, still smiling, "I sometimes just randomly get huge bursts of happiness and energy."

"I've noticed. Is it because I'm here?" He teased.

"Don't flatter yourself Malfoy." I softly punched his shoulder.

"It's hard not to when you're the most beautiful girl I know." He brushed my hair behind my ear.

"You're cheesy." I took his hand off my face making fun of him.

"I hate you." He tried to hide his smile to seem mad, but couldn't manage to do so.

I laughed, "Sure you do." I rested my head against his chest.

* * * *

Later in the day I was once again walking throughout the hallway by myself out of boredom. I heard my brother's voice by the next turn I was going to make.

"Maybe you should watch where you're going Malfoy!" He spat.

I stood there leaning against the wall trying to eavesdrop on the conversation, I had a feeling Draco might take it a bit too far.

"Whatever Potter! I've only been nice to you lately because I'm dating your sister! Otherwise I still hate you with a passion!"

"Listen here Malfoy!" Harry threatened, "You don't realize the power I hold because of the fact you are dating my sister." Harry emphasized the my, "I could make her leave you so easily!"

"Then do that Harry, It's not like she's safe dating me anyway." Draco's voice started to calm down.

My heart dropped at the sound of that.

"She refuses to break up with you no matter how many times I tell her, Do me a favor and do it yourself Malfoy. If you actually care about her you'd end things in a safe manner only to protect her from what you and your family are capable of. It's not like you love her anyway, someone as cold as you would never be capable of something like that. You're only going to hurt her anyways!"

"You don't know that Potter!" Draco cried, "I remember the first time I saw your sister. It was at Diagon Alley, I didn't know who the hell she was, I didn't even know she was related to you. Something about her caught my eye though. I have to admit she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. No matter how cheesy or stupid that sounds it's true. I couldn't deal nor comprehend those feelings I was developing. So my automatic reaction was to be a dick so nobody would ever know that me, Draco Malfoy, was capable of having feelings for someone. I mean that's my persona anyways and how people look at me, a cold hearted soul who doesn't care for anybody rather than himself. My intentions with your sister aren't anywhere near bad, I care about her a lot. Whether you like it or not."

The conversation ended right there, my heart melted at those words he had said. Does he love me? The even bigger question is, do I love him?

Word Count: 560