Chapter 32

Hey~ it's the author giving you a warm welcome back to another chapter. I've uploaded a new cover to my story, along with other artworks in some of the previous chapters. This is also on my Tumblr page iMAGiNE4000. If you're also a member, please like and reblog it on Tumblr so other people can see it too. Anyway, let's head onto the courts! Game on!

"......"

"Uh..."

"..."

"Hm-hm~..." 

"Should we...go and rescue her?"

The boys in maroon clad whisper amongst themselves as they watch Mizuki and Terushima from two tables across the room.

"She'll be fine," Semi shrugs, "besides, they used to be in the same junior high, right? I'm sure Hinata-san's used to that kind of guy."

"'That'...?" 

"You know, the flirtatious type who can't take a hint. Kind of like this guy."

"How dare you, Semi-Semi! I am a mature senior compared to that punk!"

"Shh~!"

Unbeknownst to them, the two were in a conversation. 

>>>>>>>Mizuki's POV>>>>>>>

"Feels like old times," Yuji hums.

"How could I forget," I sigh, reluctantly, "every time at lunch, you barge into my homeroom class and try to mooch off my food."

"It wasn't that bad," he laughs, "and if I recall, we made lunch exchanges. Two melons for half of your lovely homemade bentos. Ah, hey, you should make me one." 

"No thank you. Besides, I've already promised Yuu that I'd make him meals."

"Who's that?"

"Only one of the best libero's in his grade. Maybe you should get some pointers from him."

"Eh~? How come you're spoiling someone other than me?"

Tap/Ow~!

I whack his hand with the end of my fork before twirling it right-side up. 

"Stop whining...and I'm not spoiling anyone. You could say that I took him under my wing for a while, so I'm rewarding him for his hard work."

Yuji recovers with that usual laidback smile of his. 

"Well, even if you're now a wing spiker, you're still the best libero I know. So it's not surprise people wanna get lessons from you." 

"Huh..." 

I twirl my fork, scooping the pasta up and eating it. 

"My mom says hi, by the way. She really wants you to come visit."

"And I will, after the preliminaries are done. So...what about you? Are you gonna stick to your dream job?"

"Zeke's already given me a job at his salon. I'm officially his apprentice." 

"Good for you."

After eating the last bite of my meal, I notice Yuji staring at me with a huge grin. 

"What...?"

"Nothing~...it's just that I'm happy that you're back. I missed you." 

"...Well..." I cup my chin and smile back.