Chapter 6

Hey there! If you're reading this, thank you for your support! 

Morning jogs were a good pass time. It was one of her hobbies whenever she needed to think or clear her mind. Mizuki definitely needed this as she jogged down an unfamiliar street, wearing a tank-top with sports shorts and her volleyball sneakers. It was week after her practice match with Aoba Johsai, and she was feeling determined today. She couldn't stop playing the scene from last night's event.

Flashback

"You want me to do what?" Her eyes widened. Sitting in front of her were coach Shotarou and Ukai, along with Takeda as well. She and her mother were in Ukai's shop, around 7 at night.

"He was very convincing when he asked me," Shotarou implied.

"H-hold on...so, what I'm hearing is...that you want me," she pointed at herself, "to help Keishin coach the boys? As in...become the assistant coach?"

"I know this is a lot to take in," Ukai implied, "but hear me out. I know you're an excellent player...and I know that you're stubborn and the most determined person I ever met. You have experience, not to mention you played two different roles, one that involves power, and the other relying on receives. You know what its like to be pushed to your limits...that's what I respect the most about you." He then turned to Mizuki's mom.

"I believe that with her help, she can help make this team strong. They need someone their age who knows the same problems and rigorous training they go through everyday. All I want is your permission. Mrs. Hinata...please let your daughter become our assistant coach." Ukai bowed his head.

"Please..." Takeda bowed with him. Mizuki was stunned. She had her mouth slightly opened as she stared at the men.

"If it will help the volleyball team," the woman's voice rang, "I don't see any harm in my daughter becoming your second coach." Both Ukai and Takeda looked up at her as Mrs. Hinata smiled.

"Mom..."

"Sweetie..." she turned to see Mizuki, "I want you to do this. I know you just came back, but I believe they're right. You're very good at volleyball. They need all the help they can get. I'm sure your brother needs your help too."

"...." For a moment, she just stood still. Mizuki stood up and walked towards Ukai and Takeda.

"You're right," she said, "I was gone for a long time, so I don't know much about Shoyo's experience...and he's still learning himself. So if you tell me what I have to do, then I'll do it. I'll do my best for you and help everyone as much as I can. I promise. I'm looking forward to working with you." She bowed to them, which they smiled at her. Shotarou and Mrs. Hinata exchanged looks of relief.