Chapter 11

Hey there~ I hope you're enjoying this so far. Thanks for your support and comments. Also, I uploaded my finished version of my story cover, in case you're wondering. Here's the next chapter. Let's see what happens....

Traffic was occurring, and the cars were all wrangled up like a herd of cattle. In the mix, Shotarou was impatiently waiting in a taxi, but only got up to one foot a difference. He tapped his knee, frowning as he exhaled deeply. 

"Geez," he mumbled, "I'm already late to the game." 

Bzzt... Bzzt....

"Mm?" He pulled out his phone. An unknown caller id. Curious, he picked it up anyway.

"Hello? Yes, this is Shotarou Paul. Is there something wrong?" He listened as the caller continued. 

"!?..W-what? When? Hai...I'll get her and meet up. Thank you." Shotarou banged on the window where the driver was. 

"Hey, I need to get going. Its an emergency." 

"I'm sorry sir," the driver gave a worried look, "but as you can see, we won't get there for at least an hour." 

"Dammit. Never mind." 

"Ah--hey!" Shoutarou got out of the car and started running down the street. Without a break, he kept going as he panted.

"I may be old," he huffed, "but I'm still a good runner. I hope I can reach Mizuki in time."

>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>>

"Go~!"

BAM!

The crowd cheered. Both teams went back to their positions. On the bench, Coach Ukai and Mizuki watch as the boys play.

"So far they're doing good," Ukai thought.

"That was a good strategy from earlier," Mizuki said to Uaki, "using the trick Kenma used to fool the opponents with their eyes. That way they think their opponent will strike there. Kageyama made good use of that."

"It sure did."

"That may be true," Mizuki implied, "but what happened a few moments ago... I'm starting to worry."

"You saw it too?" Mizuki nodded.

'The quick strike Shoyo and Kageyama are doing is working so far,' she thought to herself, 'but it can't stick forever. Now that Shoyo's in the back, Aoba Johsai can concentrate on the front. Kageyama is losing focus...'

She glanced at the raven-hair boy. She could see the look in his eyes.

"Aoba Johsai's four points ahead," Mizuki stated, "I wonder how this will turn out."

"Yeah," Ukai nodded.

A few minutes later....

"This is bad." Mizuki gave a worried expression, frowning a bit. As the game continued, she noticed that Tanaka was missing each chance he got to spike, ending with the blockers blocking his movements. The whistle blew, and Aoba Johsai won another point. 

"Keishin."

"Hai. Sensei."

"Right." Takeda called a timeout. From the stands above, Shimada and Takinoue were making looks of worriment.

"In volleyball," Shimada implied, "where making the connection is everything, when you miss the serve repeatedly, the guilt and loneliness is like no other. Will the bald guy be okay from here on out?" He glanced at Tanaka from the back of his head. Hinata was doing the same, giving an uncertain expression.