Chapter 26

M: Hello everyone~! Thank you for waiting. With me is Nishinoya.

N: Hey there! You guys are gonna love this! Even I was jumping out of my seat!

M: Ahaha! Don't get too wound up. You ready for this?

N: Yeah!

Both: Enjoy~!

Tensions arise as the game begins. All the boys from each school were watching intensely. Serving next was Ukai, spinning the ball in his hands to get a better feel of the leather. 

"Nice serve!"

"...Exhale~..." His focus was sharp.

TOSS~

With one jump, his arms swings like a whip.

SLAM!

The ball swoops down towards the middle of the opponent's court-side.

"Got it!" Their libero receives it.

"Tsk," Ukai clicks his tongue.

Haruto sets it to his cousin, just as Satoshi and Takinoue were trying to block.

BAM/WHACK!

Takinoue felt the impact on his fingers.

"One touch!" 

Skye receives it as the ball bounces up.

"Nice receive!" Ukai positions himself.

'Who will it be?' His eyes scan to two players, running towards the net. Within seconds, he made the toss, letting it pass Masaki and stopping towards Mizuki.

BAM!

FWEET!

"Alright!" Nishinoya and Shoyo exclaim. 

"Nice one, Mizuki/Way to go Momo!" Kuroo and Bokuto cheer.

"They won the first set," Asahi smiles. 

"That may be true, but you can't deny the facts."

"Ah..." The boys see Shotarou behind them, walking to the front.

"What do you mean, Shotarou-sensei," Sugawara asks. The old man takes a seat next to Shoyo and Nishinoya. 

"Look at the scoreboard." They did, and they saw the point-difference.

"Two points behind," Akaashi implies.

"You boys know very well, that such distance between teams can shift at any moment during a game. If I had to say anything at this point...it would be that Venomous Gangsters and Sky Warriors are evenly matched." 

While the game commences to the second-set, Skye was keeping an eye on her opponents. 

'Yokuto-san and his cousin are one heck of a team. As for Kobe...he's a problem.'

Fweet!

FWOOM!

BAM!

"Got it!" Masaki receives the ball as it bounces towards Satoshi. 

SHOOM!

[#1 runs up to the net.]

[Hold on, dude...]

Ukai and Mizuki simultaneously jump, but Ukai was the one who dunks the ball.

WHACK!

BOUNCE!