Chapter 5

Hey everyone! So I'm uploading some of the chapters I've already done so far. Still, I'll be writing more soon. So enjoy this one....

The sun was rising as the rays of light shines on the neighborhood. One of them brought the light through a window. Just then, an alarm went off and repeated the sound countless times. Eventually a hand reached out and pressed the button to stop it. It was Mizuki, as she sat up from her bed and yawned. She ran her hand through her hair and looked around her room. Right next to her desk was her volleyball uniform. She smiled, and then took a deep breath.

"Alright...."

After a while, she ate breakfast and changed into casual shirt and pants. Soon she was carrying her gym bag and was out the door. In the kitchen, there was a bento she made for Shoyo. On top was a note.

I'll be having a practice match today

Be back in the late afternoon

— Mizuki

"And that's all she said," Hinata was standing in front of his captain in the gym.

"I see. Well, you can tell the coach when he gets here. For now, just warm up with the others."

"Hai!"

>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>

Mizuki had just got off the bus. She looked at the directions her coach gave. She walked down a street that had shops with all sorts of food products. While minding her own business, three high school girls were walking a few feet ahead of her.

"Let's get their early."

"Sure. I hope he'll be there. I want to give him these cookies."

"They look nice."

"Yours too."

Suddenly, a dog on a leash was running towards them.

"Look out!" The dog's owner shouted. The girls looked up to see the dog right in front of them. They panicked as the dog came right up to one of them. The girl threw her cookie bag high in the air.

"Aaahh! My—!!"

"?" Mizuki looked up to see the bag. She reacted and jumped to snatch it in her right hand. The girls were surprised as Mizuki safely landed. The dog owner grabbed the leash and apologized to the girls.

"I'm very sorry."

"N-no....it's fine."

"No harm done." As the dog and his owner left, Mizuki went towards the girls.

"Is this yours?" She looked at the brunette.

"Ah, yes. Thank you so much."

"Are those handmade?" Mizuki asked.