Chapter 4

Hey there! So here's chapter 4; please tell me what you think. Enjoy

The match resumed as usual. With countless fails, Hinata and Kageyama finally found an opening. Even so, they had a long way to go. Kageyama had trouble trying to adjust his tosses, but that didn't stop the others from receiving their misses.

"Nice cover!"

"Toss it!"

Up in the stands, Shimada and Yusuke were watching them.

"Both teams are doing a good job." They watched as Yamamoto spiked the ball passed Tanaka and Hinata.

"Yosha!"

"Damn." Tanaka frowned.

"Looks like Taketora is fired up," Shibiyama stated.

"Karasuno has a similar player," Nekomata implied, "maybe that's why."

"That's a no brainer," Mizuki giggled. She looked at the score board; 13 to 17 on the second set. Karasuno needs to turn it around.

She wrote down everything she saw. Throughout the set she saw Nekoma show their skills; a back row attack and a few solid quick. However, she took notice of Kuroo's serve. He did a fake quick, and messed the blocker's timing before he spiked the ball.

'Not bad...' she smirked.

Mizuki was intrigued by their efforts, and there was no doubt that these two teams were true rivals. Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted when Ukai shouted.

"Pound them with your power and speed!"

"That sounds villainous," Hinata sweat dropped at his coach as Ukai laughed.

"Ravens are villainous, aren't they?" Ukai gave a scary expression, with villainous look in his eyes.

"Pfftt!!" Mizuki covered her mouth and started stifling her laughter. She crouched over a bit as she clutched her waist with the other arm. Nekomata grinned slightly.

Everyone was fired up now. They kept on attacking one receive, one block, one spike after another. It felt endless. However, there had to be a conclusion. Mizuki watched as Hinata spiked the ball, which Yaku bounced it to the net.

"We got it!" Takeda shouted. Kai made a messy receive when it came towards him, but right at that moment, Kenma dove in. The ball hit his palm, sending it over the net and over Nishinoya and Hinata. They both ran to get it, but even Mizuki knew it was too late. The ball bounced passed them, and Naoi whistled the last call, ending the game; 23 to 25.

"Alright~!!" The Nekoma players gathered around Kenma. Yamamoto ruffled his hair as the others smiled. They all did their best, both teams did everything they could. Even so, Mizuki was impressed.

'As expected of them,' she thought, 'it seems that we were tested on all sorts of levels.' She glanced at Ukai. Mizuki sighed as she saw his look of defeat.

"One more!"

"...?" Mizuki turned to see her brother. Everyone else did.

"One more," he repeated, "let's do it!"

"Why not," Nekomata smiled, "that's what a practice match is for." The old man turned to Mizuki. She blinked a few times, but then smiled and nodded.

After three more games, everyone was exhausted. Some were literally lying on the ground while some were about to collapse. Although Ukai had to literally lift Hinata by his shirt, preventing him from asking another game. When it was time to huddle up, Mizuki stood next to Kiyoko as Ukai and Takeda stood in front of Nekoma.