Chapter 33

M: Hi everyone, it's Mizuki. Thanks for waiting. Here today with me is Yamamoto Taketoru's little sister, Akane-chan.

Ak: Hello~! Captain of the Nekoma Cheering Squad is here!

M: So, Akane-chan...do you cheer for your brother's team all the time?

Ak: Of course, senpai. I'm really proud that oni-chan is their lead ace.

M: He said the same thing about you. 

Ak: Do you and your brother get along?

M: Yup. Although, he can make mistakes now and again.

Ak: Ahaha, so does oni-chan. Oh, right! We should get moving!

M: Sure thing. Again, everyone, here's today's episode. 

Both: Enjoy~!

Chirp-Chirp...Chirp-Chirp

"......Mm..."

Rustle

I roll over to my side and open my eyes, facing the window. Getting up, I see the clock reading 6 am. 

"...Yawn~ 🥱...time to make breakfast."

I take a quick trip to the bathroom before I go over to the room down the hallway. 

Knock-Knock-Knock!

"Hey~ come on, Skye. Get up, already."

All I hear is mumbling, which makes me groan.

C-Click!

FWIP/AHH!

THUMP!

I instantly pull the covers as she falls off the bed. 

"O-Ow..."

"Geez...you can't be oversleeping every day. Now, go wash up."

"Mm~ kaaay~..."

I sigh as I go downstairs. 

Since I'm staying in Tokyo for a week, Akira said I could crash at her new place (which her parents bought as a present from who-knows-when). Still, it's a lovely two-story house with an urban style to it. There's even a balcony. And when Skye told her parents I'll be here, they called me and asked to make sure their daughter wasn't fooling around. Sounds like they've had their hands full with her. 

🍳Sizzle-Sizzle~

Anyway, it's been three days now, but I feel like a maid more than a roommate. 

Tap-Tap-Tap

"Morning~...whatcha making this time?"

"Egg whites with toast and some tea."

"Eh~ you're not making pancakes this time?"

"There's nothing wrong with simple meals. Besides, you know how you get when you overeat."

"Ugh..." 

"So how's your individual training going?"

"Brutal," she groans, "I've got Fuji-san and Kanato-san as my "demon" trainers."

"Oh dang, that is brutal," I laugh.

If you don't remember, Fuji Kendra and Kanato Rei are the soon-to-be our captain and vice-captain. 

"Fuji-san scolds me all the time, but...the one I'm more scared of is Kanato-san. I mean, she's got that look that makes even your soul shiver." 

I then look at the clock.