Chapter 13

Hello again! Thanks for all your support. So the wheels are turning now in this story. Part of this will be Mizuki's perspective, so I hope you enjoy this next chapter...

The whistle blew. It was the final set. The crowd cheered, letting their voices echo the stadium. However, among themselves they could barely hear anything, as the team stood still. Aoba Johsai had won. Karasuno had lost. It was over for them and the Inter-High. When the whistle blew for the teams to line up, they went to the net and congratulated Aoba Johsai. The coaches, Takeda and their manager could only watch as their team tried to keep their heads held high. In the stands, the girls were cheering for their team, and some clapping for even Karasuno, showing their respect for seeing such a thrilling match.

"They did their best."

"It looks like our school is moving on."

"Hai." The brunette then turned her head. She paused when looking down.

"Hey...guys..."

"Eh...?"

"Um..." They all looked down at Karasuno's assistant coach. She clenched her hands together, trying to keep a brave face. The girls looked at each other, before giving a serious look and nodded.

On the other side, Shimida and Takinoue were watching Karasuno's every move. 

"I always hate when being told that it was a good match," Takinoue implied, "even if I said, 'but we lost"....looking form the side here...theres' not much you can say except that."

"...Hai." Shimida nodded. They looked down to see Mizuki, who was glancing at her brother as he looked down at himself.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>>>>

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Ukai asked. He and Mizuki were standing in a hallway.

"I'll be fine," she said, "I just need some time to myself. I can take the bus there."

"... Well...if you're sure..."

"Don't worry," she shook her head, "right now... I can't say anything to make them feel better. Especially Shoyo...we both need to clear our minds. I'll meet you at the restaurant later." Ukai sighed, but agreed anyway. He walked the other way, while Mizuki did the same. She was down at the floor as she held her duffle bag. Just then, she heard some footsteps.

"Mizuki-san." She looked behind her, and saw Matsuko, Rin, and Hana standing there. She turned herself around.

"Hey...what are you guys doing here?"

"We came to see you," Matsuko said. They pulled out small bags of sweets and put them in her hands. Mizuki looked up at them, confusion written on her face.