Chapter 36

M: Hey everyone! Mizuki here with another episode. Here with me today is Johzenji's third-year manager, Misaki Hana.

Mi: Hello! By the way, Hinata-san...Terushima mentioned about a senpai he always hung out with. That must've been you, right?

M: I wouldn't say hanging out. More like barging into my homeroom and following me around school is the reality.

Mi: Oh...I'm sorry.

M: No, I'm sorry for you.

Te: That's so mean, Mizuki!

M/Mi: Wuahh!

Mi: T-Terushima?

M: How long were you here?

Te: The whole time. I couldn't wait to see you. But anyway, let's have a date, Mizuki! I know a good café not too far from here. We can hang out at the park after that if you want.

Mi: ...I see what you mean, Hinata-san.

M: Right? Uh, well, let's get things started, shall we? Ready and~...

All: Enjoy everyone~!

[Flashback...]

"Oh/Ah..."

The teenagers stop walking when noticing one another.

"Daichi."

"Hey, Mizuki. What are you doing in the park?"

"I needed some time to think. You?"

"Ahaha...same here."

"Well, I guess we're all a bit anxious. Say, I was about to get some crepe. You wanna join me?"

"Sure."

Sawamura and Mizuki buy their share and decide to sit under the public gazebo. 

"These are good."

"Mm...maybe I'll try making this flavor."

For a while, they eat in peace, watching people pass by doing their own thing. Sawamura then glances at Mizuki.

"Um..."

"Yeah?"

"That guy...he wasn't serious was he?'

"Who...Terushima?"

"Yeah, him."

"Uh~...honestly, I don't what to think of it."

"Ehehe...well, he looked like he was serious."

"No he wasn't, and that's his problem."

"What do you mean?"

Mizuki takes another bite of her crepe before continuing.

"For as long as I can remember, Yuji always did what he wanted to, even when he got in trouble for it. When it comes to volleyball, well...most of the time, he won't take things seriously."

"I kind of got that impression when seeing him." 

"I think half the reason is because he never went up against a team that put him under pressure. I'm hoping we'll knock some sense into him so he could actually put more effort into his skills."