Chapter 1

Hello again. Thank you for waiting. So a quick memo before you read: I will still use Hinata's surname when writing the story, but now and again, I will only use his real name in certain situations. So here's the first chapter. Please tell me what you think about it. Enjoy~

The sun was shining, and the streets were busy as usual. Somewhere in Miyagi, there is a school, known as Karasuno High of the Miyagi Prefecture. They had a once powerhouse volleyball team. Although, after they lost in the nationals, they were called the "Fallen Crows", or in this case, "The Flightless Crows." However, there once was a boy, who stood 170 cm, and had amazing skills that made their team great. He earned the nickname, the Small Giant, an inspiration of how Karasuno's volleyball team was in the past. For a certain orange-haired boy, he was inspired by the Small Giant, and he soon joined the team because of him. As of now, it was no wonder as he hurried towards the school gym. Right on his tail was his friend, as they began to have a running competition to see who would get there first. Some boys were opening the gym doors, until they noticed the two scurrying towards them.

"I won~!" the orange hair boy screamed.

"Dammit...Hinata..."

"Hehe~ its your loss, Kageyama."

"Hey you two, calm down. Practice hasn't started yet."

"Ah, Sawamura-san.... Sugawara-san."

"Hey guys!!"

"Tanaka-senpai!" Hinata shouted. Right behind Tanaka was Nishinoya and Asahi.

"Looks like almost everyone's here," Sawamura implied, "let's warm up!"

"Hai!"

Soon enough, everyone was there and ready to practice. Some were receiving spikes, while others stretched on the side. 

"Keep it up!" Ukai shouted. He spiked a volleyball towards Yamaguchi. 

"Next up!"

"Hai!" It was Sawamura's turn. He received it with no problem. One by one, everyone got to practice on receives. 

Hinata looked at Asahi and Nishinoya, who were having a conversation.

"I'm glad that Asahi-san came back," Hinata spoke, as Kageyama looked his way, "and Nishinoya-san is a really good libero."

"...Yeah..."

"Everyone is here. I'm sure that Karasuno's volleyball team will become even stronger. And then...we'll get to face him at Inter-High." Kageyama couldn't help but smile at his words.

After school hours and training, it was already the afternoon. Coach Ukai called them in.

"Alright! Good job everyone! Before we continue the Golden Week training, I need to make an announcement."

"....?"

"There will be one more person who's joining us."

"What do you mean, coach?" Sawamura asked.

"Due to some details, the vice principal allowed us to have a former American volleyball player practice with us," Takeda explained, "their coach will be joining us as well."

"America?"

"I won't tell you much right now," Ukai said, "but just know that these people will benefit to helping you train. I want you to respect them and treat them like they're part of the team. Got it!?"

"Hai!"

"Yosh! Let's continue practice!"