Chapter 19

M: Hey guys! It's me again.

S: And me! How ya doing?

M: I hope you're enjoying this fanfiction.

S: Hey Mizuki, so who's this Oikawa guy? 

M: Shoyo calls him the Grand King for some reason...he's really an ego-maniac volleyball player.

O: (From a distance) Hey~! 

M: But he's still my friend. 

S: Sounds hectic. Let's just get back to the story.

M: Agreed. 

Both: Enjoy guys~

The orange-hair boy followed Ukai around a house, where a volleyball court was in the backyard. He saw the back of an elderly man with gray hair. He was tossing a volleyball to some kids who formed a line towards the net. 

"Move those legs!"

"Hai~!"

Bam!

"Shouldn't you be resting after coming home from the hospital?" Ukai sweat dropped. The man turned around. 

"If they let you out of the hospital, then it means they're giving you permission to move around all you want." 

"He's my grandpa," Ukai pointed out. It took a split second for Shoyo, but he wide-eyed the man in shock. 

"G...C-Coach Ukai?!" The man. Ukai Ikkei,  eyed Shoyo curiously.

Minutes Later.....

Senior Ukai, his grandson, and Shoyo were standing outside of the volleyball court as the kids were practicing. 

"So you couldn't figure out what to do with this weirdo attack and just ran away, eh, Coach?" He eyed his Keshin as he looked away. 

TOSS!

AAAAAHHHHH~~~!!

"That's your team, weakling~!!/ Coach~!!" Senior Ukai tossed his grandson as Shoyo screamed in shock. Shoyo remembered what Tanaka said, how he was the feared coach that led Karasuno to nationals. He could see how intimidating he was, that he shook with fear. 

"P-p-please help me!" Shoyo blurted.

"With what," S. Ukai implied, "I don't go smacking people randomly. Just weaklings." From the rubble, Keshin slowly got up and glared at his grandpa.

"You shitty old man..." He cursed. 

"I-I came here to learn how to fight on my own!"

"You want to master mid-air battles? When you're only that tall..."

"Its because I'm only this tall!" 

"!!" Sr. Ukai's eyes widened at his remark, as if glimpsing into that same short player, the Small Giant. Shoyo lowered his head.

"I might sound like I'm saying something weird, but..."

"....What's weird about it?" Shoyo looked up and saw him grab a ball. 

"Whether you're up against a genius setter, in one we call a quick attack...the one that's the absolute leader...." He pointed at Shoyo.

"Is you."