Chapter 3

Just when she was on a trip to the store, she met a boy with dyed blonde hair and cat-like eyes. She gave a smile as she put the bottles in her bag.

"Kozume, Kenma. That's a nice name," she then pointed at herself, "I'm Hinata Mizuki. Nice to meet you, Kenma."

".... Hinata...?"

"What's the matter?"

"Ah...no. I think I met someone named Hinata."

"Really....wait, then that means you're the boy my brother was talking about," she pointed at him, "the one he met yesterday on his run."

"Eh? Brother...."

"Oh, sorry...you see, Shoyo is my little brother."

".... I see," he nodded. Suddenly, they heard a ringing. Mizuki reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She swiped it and answered.

"Hello? Oh, Shotarou-sensei....eh...? Y-you're kidding me! You're stuck in traffic!?"

"Don't worry," Shotarou answered, "I called Nekomata to have the other coach get you at the convenience store. I gave them the location, so stay there and wait until you see him." He looked bordely at the massive amount of cars around him.

"How will I know?"

"He's wearing red sports uniform just like the others. It should be easy to spot him. Look, I have to go...just be safe until then, okay?"

"Alright. I'll see you later. Bye." She hung up. Mizuki could only sigh in defeat.

"... Um...."

"Hm...? Oh, don't worry about me. I lost my ride, so I have to wait here until the volleyball coach arrives."

"Really?"

"Hai. You see....uh...." She then noticed something. She stared at Kenma and his appearance, which made the boy tilt his head in confusion. He was wearing a red sports uniform. Mizuki then came closer and walked around him. When spotted the back of his jacket, she shouted in alarm, startling the boy.