Chapter 22

M: Hey guys, it's us!

Sk: Sorry for the wait. The author apologizes for the convenience.

M: To make up for it, we're going to skip ahead to the last few days of our summer training camp. We gotta get to the main event soon, you know?

Sk: That's right! The Spring Preliminaries! So enjoy this next chapter.

Both: Have fun~

The peak of their training was coming to an end. Though the schedule continued on as usual, the players all had different goals to become stronger and show the fruits of their labor. Mizuki and Skye experienced success and defeat, witnessed the downfall of others and those who rose to the challenge. And that's exactly what they see in everyone in this gym. Of course, there was still tension between Mizuki's brother and Kageyama, as they continued to work independently on the sidelines. Everyone knew that Karasuno didn't have much luck in the matches, but no one could argue that they've changed since day one. As of now, the day turned to night, and everyone started to clean up or continue to practice. In the mix, Skye and Mizuki were talking to Shoutaro and the other coaches. 

"And that's about it," Mizuki finished. 

"Is that alright," Skye asked. 

"Of course," Nekomata grinned.

"If it's for training, I don't mind," Ukai agreed. 

"Most of the time," Shoutaro implied, "they'll pair with one of them and work separate."

"What time are they arriving," Naoi asked. 

"Around 8 a.m. tomorrow. In the meantime, you girls should rest for tonight. You've earned it."

"Thanks, coach," they unison while bowing. As the coaches walked away, Skye leaned towards Mizuki.

"Should we get dinner?"

"Surprisingly, I'm not hungry yet. How about we--"

BUMP

"Ah/Oh, sorry!" Mizuki turned around, but her eyes widened when seeing Asahi. An awkward silence overflowed. 

'They're speechless,' Skye slightly smirked behind her hand. Asahi was the first to speak, and as usual, he was flustering. 

"A-ah! I'm sorry." He bowed.

"Oh, no," Mizuki shook her head with a blush, "it's alright." She then saw the volleyballs on the ground. 

"U-um...let me help you." 

"T-thank you..." 

"Mizuki~ I'm going to help Yaku-san and his friends clean up. I'll see you later." 

"Ah..." She was going to protest, but the blonde already left. 

'You traitor...' Her eye twitched. In the end, she just sighed and continued to help Asahi. On the other side of the court, Skye was running towards Yaku with a smile. 

"Yaku-san~!"

"Ah, Akira-san." She leaned down, even if she was two inches taller. 

"I saw your matches. Good work, today."

"O-oh...you too."Skye saw him carrying the net. 

"Let me get that." 

"Ah, n-no you don't..." But Skye already took it.

"It's fine. I admire how hard-working you are, but we can't always depend on just one person. It wouldn't be fair. Just leave it to me...you deserve some rest." Skye's bright smile beamed as Yaku stared blankly while blushing. Skye turned around as the ends of her hair slightly brushed his face as she left. Standing behind him were Yamamoto, Lev, and Kuroo.